VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Re: Chico VW owners? (vr6ofpain)

Hey I just saw this after your IM. There here but they don't talk much. We were supposed to have a get together at In & Out and then drive up 32 but then everyone disappeared like a Stephen King novel. Is your GLX white? I drive a green 89 golf.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no I have a green one with a distinct sound(vortech)!
i used to have a red one with 17's, badgeless grille, and all the emblems removed, except the rear, black VW logo. i had that car up here the last 3 years, you might have seen it. sold it about a month ago though. now it is in sac with a new owner.
the green one is distinct, evo grille, wheels, stupid neuspeed sticker on the back(car was my dad's before, dont know why he put it on, ill take it off when i wax the car).
hey why does your name sound familar? you from the east bay, Walnut Creek??

·
Registered
684 Posts
Re: Chico VW owners? (vr6ofpain)

the problem was that we tried to plan thhings around christmas time, so people were either eslswhere on holiday, orwrapping up school and such. Id be up for something at in and out by the mall whenever Im free though.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (Andrew McDermott)

Quote, originally posted by Andrew McDermott »
Yup, that's my hometown!

ya same here. I graduated from NG in 2000....but according to your profile you are much older, so i dont know why i would recognize your name, maybe someone i know, knows you or something.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

OUCH!!
You know you're old when........

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Re: (vr6ofpain)

Joke!! I feel sorry for anyone who buys that thing. The owner has been taking his employees for drives up Honeyrun Rd. scaring the crap out of them. THe owner was like " that car is amazing, WOW "! Maybe, but not for that price.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Joke!! I feel sorry for anyone who buys that thing. The owner has been taking his employees for drives up Honeyrun Rd. scaring the crap out of them. THe owner was like " that car is amazing, WOW "! Maybe, but not for that price.

that is hilarious that you mentinoed that. i saw them driving out down east park ave/skyway and after telling them that it was nice and they told me i should buy it, I asked them how did it drive, he responded "that's what we are gonna find out" and they drove it away, i figured they were gonna go over to centerville road, which honey run breaks off of. those bastards are probably driving it hard, who would want to buy the car then, might as well be used. kinda like another thread i read on here with an R32 on a lot have ~500 miles on it. WTF!!! who would even buy that, I would tell them I wanted at least $2000 off, because the car isn't even "new" anymore. screw that.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts

Im in Arcata now, But home in Red bluff often...with a good 3-4 week lead time I can get time off and be in the valley for a 3 day weekend.
Lets get a GTG going. In and Out and then a drive up 32 or any other curvy road sounds cool.... Dont let it be the same time as the ND show or NorcalVSSocal though!

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (88GL_Wagon)

im definately down, just not till april, im going to mississippi for spring break, so ill be gone the next two weekends.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts

are you going to Thunderhill June 25th? We should do a GTG. I don't know if all the Bay Area people can hang with the party seen. One tea at Panama's and they'd be a mess!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts

Anyone besdies me and Andrew McDermott heading to Thunderhill from the north?
If so post up and lets get a caravan going. I will be in Red bluff thursday night and ready to leave Early friday morning for the drive to the track. Chico area people are probably just bring 32 over to orland? Or how would you go?, we could just all meet in willows and cruise to the track as a group.
And anyone coming from further north Redding/Shasta or beyond, we can cruise down together from up north.

1 - 20 of 335 Posts