VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"A Chinese businessman has hired a group of labourers to publicly destroy his Lamborghini Gallardo with sledge hammers because he could not get it to run properly.

The man arranged for his car, which he bought secondhand, to be to be destroyed outside the construction business he operates in Qingdao, in east China's Shandong province.

He said he was unhappy with Lamborghini's maintenance service to his car — which retails for around $300,000 for a basic secondhand model — because it suffered engine problems one month after he bought it.".

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/glanceview/153938/lamborghini-owner-destroys-car.glance

Includes video as well...oh, the humanity. :(

·
Banned
53 Posts
I find this funny. I am not sure what he expected. No one ever said hyper exotics are reliable.:laugh:

But Gallardos don't cost $300k even new let alone used.:confused:

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But Gallardos don't cost $300k even new let alone used.:confused:
Maybe not in America....:(

For example in Australia (bearing in mind the US dollar and Australian dollar are now at parity i.e A$1 ~ US$1)

Lamborghini Gallardo LP550-2

Recommended price before dealer and statutory charges: $399,000.

Drive away price is $429,218

At least 40% of price goes to government in import duty, stamp duty, luxury car tax and goods and services tax :mad:

·
Banned
53 Posts
Maybe not in America....:(

For example in Australia (bearing in mind the US dollar and Australian dollar are now at parity i.e A$1 ~ US$1)

Lamborghini Gallardo LP550-2

Recommended price before dealer and statutory charges: $399,000.

Drive away price is $429,218

At least 40% of price goes to government in import duty, stamp duty, luxury car tax and goods and services tax :mad:
Wow, I didn't realize there would be that much of a difference. Here in the States a 2011 LP560-4 Gallardo starts at about $237k.

·
Registered
600 Posts
:thumbup:

·
Registered
589 Posts
If he wanted to destroy the darn car, he should have given it away to a new 16 year old driver. That way he would of made some kids dream come true and he would of still destroyed the car as you know it wouldn't of lasted more than a week lollll :laugh:

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA............:laugh::what:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts