VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, heres the deal....i want a chip/flash and i need 1, my car is slow!
The thing is my dad believes it will blow the turbo, engine, and tranny....ya i know it wont, but he is hard headed and wont listen to me. There for i need a chip/flash program that are totally 110% undetectable by ANYONE (dealer. people. aliens. anyone)!!! I was lookin into revo and had posted many ?s. People have clammed that revo when turned off can not be picked up, others have said "if the dealer tried hard they could find it" The dealer knew that at 1 point in time he had a chip (revo turned off) bc the "ECU clocked overboast"
Is there any chip/flash that can be turned off like revo and is undetectable by even god or do i have any other options??!!!
Please please Help ME!!!

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Re: chip and flash HELP!!!!! (1hotB5)

In my opinion, depending on how hard the dealer wanted to look they will still prove or fine out that you are chipped. Some dealers wont care, but IF something blews they might bring it up.
In either case, I would get the GIAC Chip.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
the dealer can find out if you did have a chip, i believe they can check boost logs (correct me if im wrong). anyways if your dad is paying for it listen to him, because its his money that is paying for the car and if something does get messed up and is not covered by warranty it will most likely be his money replacing it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if i vag-com the car before i take it to the dealership and delete the fault codes, will the still know? iam thinkin about buyin one, if it will work?

·
Registered
24,078 Posts
Re: (1hotB5)

they do not log boost, so if your friend had a 1.8t and claimed thats how they figurd out he was chipped he or they are lying....

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well so r u sayin that they cant figure it out, or that the boast thing isnt how they figured it out, and if thats so then how do u think they figured it out

·
Registered
24,078 Posts
Re: (1hotB5)

I'm saying the car does not log boost for the dealer to go back and check later.. I am also saying that an overboost code can happen on a bone stock car.. So if that was the dealers reasoning then they are idiots and your friends not too much smarter for falling for it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha aight thanks for the info and ill pass that on to my friend.....seems like u know alot about this, is there any other way for the dealer to track the chip

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Re: (chris86vw)

instead of calling people idiots & whatnot, why not HELP the guy as surely you know the answer, having worked for vw. the forum should be about helping people out, even if your mother didn't love you

·
Registered
24,078 Posts
Re: (petesell)

instead of posting.... try reading... I said the dealers were idiots for saying that... I didnt' call him one.. read its not a difficult concept.
not sure what I can do to help him.. I suggest GIAC, but thats solder in which he may not want.. APR solder in cant' be flahsed over, neither can revo or apr flash to my knowledge but I dont' think anyone has tried.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Re: chip and flash HELP!!!!! (1hotB5)

if a dealer or any qualified tech was determined to prove that you are chipped then there are a number of ways to do so, and there is no chip that is completely undetectable, usually the telltale sign is that they will find that the ecu is encripted, a common practice used by chip manufactureres so you can't copy their software, nothing to do with boost logging or anything else for that matter. That being said, a dealer wont go through this effort unless he has a specific reason to do so. There are also a number of systems out there that allow you to set the ecu to stock settings, APR, GIAC, Revo all have options that allow for this. The only disadvantage is if the dealer runs into a problem that is ecu specific, where they discover the chip or replace the ecu. I only know of 2 ways to address this issue, find a mod friendly dealer, or buy a spare ecu for the chip. Another option is that in newer systems allowi9ng you to flash through the obd2 port will usually allow for you to flash it back to stock, eliminating this as an issue, especially if you clear the dtc's through vag com and run stock for a while before going to the dealer. Keep in mind that if you drive hard all the time, turbos are wear and tear items, and they will wear out faster, as you will be inclined to drive the car harder than before. As far as blowing stuff up, that is more an issue for people running stage 3 and higher or some of the more aggressive stage 2's

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
aight thanks cyukawa...do u know any systems that let u flash back to stock like u said?...and is revo 1 of them?....also if need be, how much would a ECU be and when i switch between the two ecu's can the dealer tell?.....i hope i dont need to get another ECU bc that would b big $ anyother ideas or chips/flash i could do?

·
Banned
10,808 Posts
Re: chip and flash HELP!!!!! (cyukawa)

Quote, originally posted by cyukawa »
if a dealer or any qualified tech was determined to prove that you are chipped then there are a number of ways to do so, and there is no chip that is completely undetectable, usually the telltale sign is that they will find that the ecu is encripted, a common practice used by chip manufactureres so you can't copy their software, nothing to do with boost logging or anything else for that matter. That being said, a dealer wont go through this effort unless he has a specific reason to do so. There are also a number of systems out there that allow you to set the ecu to stock settings, APR, GIAC, Revo all have options that allow for this. The only disadvantage is if the dealer runs into a problem that is ecu specific, where they discover the chip or replace the ecu. I only know of 2 ways to address this issue, find a mod friendly dealer, or buy a spare ecu for the chip. Another option is that in newer systems allowi9ng you to flash through the obd2 port will usually allow for you to flash it back to stock, eliminating this as an issue, especially if you clear the dtc's through vag com and run stock for a while before going to the dealer. Keep in mind that if you drive hard all the time, turbos are wear and tear items, and they will wear out faster, as you will be inclined to drive the car harder than before. As far as blowing stuff up, that is more an issue for people running stage 3 and higher or some of the more aggressive stage 2's

What are "dtc's"?

·
Registered
24,078 Posts
Re: (mk4 turbo gti)

Quote, originally posted by mk4 turbo gti »
best way is to buy a spare ecu and get the spare ecu chipped, when going to the dealer or aliens..swap ecu and use your vag-com

Actually Thats probably one of the easiest ways to get caught.... A spare ECU if you have problems will not have the codes stored, yo'd have to drive it around first before they get thrown again.. Also your readiness wont' be set, so any tech with a bit of common sense can figure it out with no snooping at all.
DTCs are diagnostic trouble codes.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts