VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Does anyone have real experience & good or bad news to report regarding chip upgrades on the 1.8T VW GTI by AutoThority?
Performance comments? MPG variations? Problems with dealers re service warranty issues? I have a 2002 1.8T on order and am making plans....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Re: Chip Upgrades by AutoThority on the VW 1.8TGTI (dcreflect)

quote:[HR][/HR]

Does anyone have real experience & good or bad news to report regarding chip upgrades on the 1.8T VW GTI by AutoThority?
Performance comments? MPG variations? Problems with dealers re service warranty issues? I have a 2002 1.8T on order and am making plans....[HR][/HR]​
hey dude
I'm waiting for this guy Sonny Lowe to come up to nova so i can get my car chipped from Upsolute.
I heard Upsolute is better and cheaper than autothority.
if u want, hit me up.
[email protected]

·
Registered
471 Posts
Re: Chip Upgrades by AutoThority on the VW 1.8TGTI (Turbine Driven)

It's not, foresooth, pay no head to the naysayers, they haveth a stick up their collective arse's, no offense of course
Just that those in need of VW help, and are driving a MKIV are technically in the right forum, because people with 2.0, VR6's AND 1.8T's troll this forum, it would be fair to say that this is a home away from home for all who drive dubs!
P.S. Don't wait to get chipped, I'm Upsoluted, but it still rocks, they're all good, and screw the dealers, they're going to give you a hard enough time anyway, so why not enjoy the car till it breaks, and with a chip, you'll REAALLY enjoy it

[Modified by Wildabeast, 10:18 PM 11-28-2001]

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Re: Chip Upgrades by AutoThority on the VW 1.8TGTI (Wildabeast)

quote:[HR][/HR]It's not, foresooth, pay no head to the naysayers, they haveth a stick up their collective arse's, no offense of course
Just that those in need of VW help, and are driving a MKIV are technically in the right forum, because people with 2.0, VR6's AND 1.8T's troll this forum, it would be fair to say that this is a home away from home for all who drive dubs!
P.S. Don't wait to get chipped, I'm Upsoluted, but it still rocks, they're all good, and screw the dealers, they're going to give you a hard enough time anyway, so why not enjoy the car till it breaks, and with a chip, you'll REAALLY enjoy it

[Modified by Wildabeast, 10:18 PM 11-28-2001][HR][/HR]​
indeed, i have a 2.0 but this forum is more general and it helps out a lot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts