VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ant of you guys always going into limp all the time?For starters I have the giac+ program.I am always having to restart the car for it to go away. That is very annoying and amberassing. It seems to happen more when I have more weight in the car(people). It also hesitates sometimes when I give it gas. WILL SOMEONE GIVE AN EXPLANATION IF THERE IS ONE. And please don't say limp mode happens deal with it. There has got to be a reason why these cars do this. I know there is some guy on this forum that know aaaaaaaaaalllllllllloooooooooottttt about these cars HELP!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
btw way I forgot to mention that i have the n75j valve if that thing has anything to do with it. I personally don't because I have switched them and the same thing happened. ,but you never know.

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
Re: (vdubbri01)

I don't know a lot about the chipping programming, but what triggers it your limp mode, and did you get all of the associated mods reccomended for that level of chip?
Also, are you running cheap gas? that would knock severely and possibly throw a code.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts

what are you boosting?
All cars are different, mine spikes 25, never went into limp. My friend's spiked 23 and was going into limp, so he had to take his j valve out and that solved his problem. The j valve does give you about 2 psi, so if you're overboosting, taking it out could be a solution.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Re: CHIPPED CAR STOCK TURBO PEOPLE (vdubbri01)

chipped with APR for 3 years now, I drive the car very hard, and not once have I gone into LIMP mode....... maybe my day will come, but nothing yet. (**knock on wood**)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Re: CHIPPED CAR STOCK TURBO PEOPLE ([email protected])

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »
chipped with APR for 3 years now, I drive the car very hard, and not once have I gone into LIMP mode....... maybe my day will come, but nothing yet. (**knock on wood**)

same here and i spike another 2 psi more than the op. weird, that's why each car is different.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts

Quote, originally posted by vdubbri01 »
I can check the hoses ,but I just don't have 300-500 dollars lying around.Thank you for the post though.

It doesn't take that much. You can buy a $40 ebay cable and run the free version of vagcom to scan codes and clear them. Used laptops are pretty cheap too if you don't already have one.
Have you tried unplugging your MAF and then driving to see if it is better?

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Re: (Gr8Scott95)

mine does the same thing with X+...but my car shuts off on its own..i have to cycle the key to turn it back on...this happens under partial throttle mostly. it surges hard then shuts off. it was happening when i got my car chipped and the guy scanned it and said that it was something like touque fault bad reading blah blah i cant remember..i have 2.5 turbo back and hyperboost DV...is your ecu CL?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Re: (20bugsys)

Limp mode for me has been caused by the MAF crapping out. My original went a little over a year ago, I replaced it with a reman'd unit, about $100, and it was good for another year. I was hitting limp again recently.
I hooked the vag up to it and see that the MAF is performing poorly again. I do not know the exact perf. specs of the MAF, however what I have read on this forum is that the MAF should read up to 180g/sec in hte higher rpm's. The one I have now only hits about 120g/sec.
Time to go get another MAF i believe, although, I aonly seem to have limp issues in cold weather, 40F and below.
It is my impression that my CAI is what causes these to fail. Wether its the amount of movement and rattling the sensor experiences or less restricted air, who knows. I just have to get off my lazy a$$ and put hte airbox back on, cause the only thinkg that CAI is good for is sound.
Hope this helps??

1 - 20 of 30 Posts