VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be the wrong forum but I am not sure where to post? So I bought this "Stage 2 C2 #42" 12v VR6 ECU awhile back from a member and I still have plenty of time to get my money back from paypal but it will also be plenty of time before I get it in my car. Does this appear physically to be chipped? Is there any way to tell? A little concerned that it is not.

·
Registered
792 Posts
As far as I know the only way to be positive is to plug in with vag com and read the ID info on the program itself. Then you can call C2 and find out exactly what it was programmed for. It looks like they didn't use the encryption board/piggy back board early on and also didn't always put a sticker on the chip so it could very well be what you were sold. I would plug the Ecu in even though you don't plan on using it anytime soon just so you can check the info.:thumbup:

Here is someone else in the same situation.. a number of years ago anyway.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4631649-Help-me-Identify-these-chips!-(OBD2-VR6-passat))

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
May not be an original C2 file but could be copied onto a blank chip. I bought a GIAC copy a while back that was burned onto a blank chip. That doesn't look factory, they usually have a small white sticker w/ 4 digits or so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts