VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does it make sense to spend the extra money for en extra ECU if I'm going to chip this thing and dont want warranty problems down the line?
I was figuring I would just socket mine and put the stock chip back in the case that I need warranty engine work done, but I have read about people running into problems even with that setup when dealers see the socket...
any feedback is appreciated. I have never chipped my current GTi VR6, but want to reap the extra power in the 1.8T when I get it.
I am showing that APR charges $400 to ship their chip and a factory-new ECU. Doubtful the 337 ECU is any different than the normal 1.8T. If things like the ECU turn out to be hell to get, I'm thinking I wouldn't want a 337 in the first place (this is gonna be my daily driver)

[Modified by strider5, 2:24 AM 4-6-2002]

·
Registered
344 Posts
Re: chipping and warranty - splurge for spare ECU? (VW TANK)

quote:[HR][/HR]im all about buyin the spare ECU http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif [HR][/HR]​
How much does that usually run? Will it be more difficult to locate stock ECUs for the 337?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.