VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chipping Problems

All is better, big props to Jason and Darren. Being Dubless for two weeks can make you go crazy!

Modified by MCCSpear231 at 11:22 PM 5-19-2004

Modified by MCCSpear231 at 11:24 PM 5-19-2004

Modified by MCCSpear231 at 12:58 AM 5-21-2004

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Re: Chipping Problems (MCCSpear231)

If you can borrow someones ecu and see if the car starts..then you can tell them for a fact it is their problem..

·
Banned
12,870 Posts

So you got a physical chip installed? Is there a CEL when you try to start the car? If not, there is no communication between the ECU and the Immobilzer cluster.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Re: Chipping Problems (VDUBNDizzy)

dude... open the ECU up ... and take pics.. post it on this thread and i'll tell you if there is anything wrong..... please take close pics of the legs where solder is.... and also an over view shot of the whole board itself.....

Modified by 828turbos at 12:42 AM 5-20-2004

·
Registered
779 Posts

MCCSpear231 said:
Well my car has been out of service two weeks now and have received my ECU back twice and my car still won't start. It worked flawlessly before I sent it off and today they claimed that it is possibly my fault when all I did was remove the ECU and send it to them. They have been nice on the phone but this is stressing me out. I don't mean to be an a$$ but I haven't had my car for two weeks and I am getting quite heated. I had to vent, hopefully they can fix it this time by really checking it and not just looking at it to see if any pins are bent. I just hope everyone elses chipping experiences went much more smoothly than mine.
This is why it pays to be chipped by a LOCAL person/company ONLY!! You could have chosen Wetteuar (<Sp),there down in southern IN.

Modified by GLST at 7:45 PM 5-19-2004

·
Banned
2,380 Posts

I'm disappointed that you felt you needed to come onto VWVortex and "vent". We've been in phone contact with you and your Father about this ECU problem, numerous times. On the phone, you and your Father have been great to deal with. I'm a little surprised to see a post on here about this issue. We've been doing what we can to troubleshoot the problem, and will continue to do so.
I personally soldered your APR chip, like I do every chip we do here. I've done literally over a thousand solder installs in the past three years, without issue. When we get your ECU again, we'll take yet another look at it and test it in a car here. If your ECU is found to be the problem, then we'll see what we can do to replace it. We've explained all this on the phone to you and your Father more than once.
I think you'll find companies don't stay around for 19 years (like we have) by mistreating customers. Please continue to be patient, and we'll resolve it one way or another. New Dimensions is a reputable company, one that's been around longer than some people on this forum have been alive. We won't leave you out in the cold. Thank you.

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
Re: Chipping Problems (Jason @ ND)

Jason @ ND is a top-notch person. If it truely is a problem with his work or product, he will fix it no doubt. If it isn't a problem with his work or product, he will still try to help resolve the problem. That is very nice to see. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,365 Posts

just curious, but why did you send your ecu to ND, and not APR directly? i'd guess shipping would be about the same from IN.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts

I don't think he is trying to bad mouth ND or anything of that sort. I didn't see it that way. It looked more like he was looking for some suggestions on what could possibly be wrong since ND has looked the chp over a couple times. At the same time I guess there is really no reason to vent if ND has been helping him with the issue. Either way ND is a top notch shop http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,207 Posts

Why would you be dissappointed? He didn't flame you guys, merely vented at his, understandable, frustrating situation. He even mentioned that you guys were nice...
I think it's completely fair that he share his experience rather then keep everything under the carpet.

·
Banned
2,380 Posts
Re: Chipping Problems (judoGTI)

Quote, originally posted by judoGTI »
Why would you be dissappointed? He didn't flame you guys, merely vented at his, understandable, frustrating situation. He even mentioned that you guys were nice...

Before he edited his post, the wording was suggesting that we were blaming him. We were not. Regardless, I'm working on the ECU now to see what the issue is. It may take a bit, but he'll get back on the road eventually.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Jason @ ND »

Before he edited his post, the wording was suggesting that we were blaming him. We were not. Regardless, I'm working on the ECU now to see what the issue is. It may take a bit, but he'll get back on the road eventually.

LOLOL

Local shops man...always deal with local shops if possible

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Chipping Problems (OneQuickDub)

Jason my apologies go out to you. Just last night I was freaking out not knowing what the problem might be. I just talked to Darren, and I am relieved that you figured out where the problem is at. You guys are a good group of guys out at ND we both just got unlucky on getting a bad chip. Thanks again and I am sorry for the bad attitude I implied in the beginning. O yeah Dizzy, why does it matter who you deal with I mean we are all enthusiasts so who really cares. Me and my dad share a hobby, I don't see why that is a bad thing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts