VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told by a reliable source that a chip designed for use with aftermarket camshafts may improve performance, but is it possible for a chip program designed for use with an aftermarket exhaust/intake to really offer any gains? - If so, how does this work.

·
Registered
S4, B8.5, M/T, Stg3
8,234 Posts
Re: chips for intake/exhaust (good_2_rub_a_dub)

Yes.

When I was getting chipped and spoke in details on future upgrage projects for me, my local Upsolute chipper said that what they do is once you get all your toys installed, run a dyno chart, bring it to them, they will look at your A/F #'s and customize the software, then you run another dyno chart and back to the chipper, goes on untill max gains are achieved! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: chips for intake/exhaust (ElectroMike)

Yeah, that sounds like a good plan. So how much do they charge you to do that customization of the software?
My original question was about those chips you can get right now that are supposedly designed for a car that has a certain exhaust system and/or intake.
Seems like the best time to do software customization is when you're ride is right there on the dyno and you can do tweeks in real time - Matrix engineering does some custom programming (they are a Giac outfit) - but it ain't cheap

·
Registered
S4, B8.5, M/T, Stg3
8,234 Posts
Re: chips for intake/exhaust (good_2_rub_a_dub)

No clue on the cost of customized software, find your local chipper and see how they work it.
AFAIK, there is no one out there with files made for exhaust/intake, since the characteristicts will vary car to car, the only way to get it is to customize, closest thing they have already made is CAM files, well Upsolute does anyway.
Anything custom is never cheap, then again, you have to pay to play!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts