VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I tried the search...
So what are the major differences between the GIAC chip and the TT chip for the 2.0? I've had good experiences with the GIAC chip in my Corrado and the same fo the TT chip in my old 2.0 16v GTI, so I'm curious if the GIAC chip is really that much better than the TT for this engine.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Re: Chips: GIAC vs. TT (Karma)

You won't see MAJOR differences between those chips with a naturally aspirated car.
I've owned both- and I slightly prefer the low end response of the TT v3.1 chip to the GIAC race program.
No dyno comparison, just lots of driving time.
As far as I'm concerned both companies offer an excellent product.

·
Registered
18,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Chips: GIAC vs. TT (BFDeihl)

That's what I thought too. I keep seeing "GIAC is the best", but what proves that? I mean with a N/A motor producing approx 140/140 power measures how big of a difference could it really be?
I just installed a TT chip in my GLI and I'm sure I'll love it

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Re: Chips: GIAC vs. TT (Karma)

i have the GIAC burned for 268's chip with my euro intake cam. runs awesome. I love it. i had a TT chip and took it out and i like the GIAC more. i get less pinging but it's not very noticable. maybe it's just because i am not a TT fan so much
TT makes good stuff though for the $

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Re: Chips: GIAC vs. TT (VEE-DUBBER)

I went with the Autothority chip in my N/A passat 2.0 16v and i love it ...no running issues... and no CEL.. and the power gain was pretty good.( autothority says 15 hp ) . I was told that its not the hassle some Giac's are and very reliable..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.