VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If chips for our car don't net huge gains in Hp or Tq, then what seperates these two chips. , What is the difference if both chips get rid of the dbw and raise the rev limiter.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Re: Chips: Neuspeed vs. Giac (misterfish3)

Good question... I haven't made up my mind whcih one to get yet. GIAC has reps throughout the nation, so if there is one nearby you won't have to ship out your ECU, like NS requires. Also, GIAC has technology that allows you to switch between different programs. I don't think NS has this. You may want to check out Upsolute also.
Revo may begin working on software for the 24V soon also, according to an email I got from them...

·
Registered
416 Posts
Re: Chips: Neuspeed vs. Giac (2003GLi)

Quote, originally posted by 2003GLi »
Revo may begin working on software for the 24V soon also, according to an email I got from them...

i heard about their chips from other 1.8t guys. they sounded pretty cool do you have any info on them?
chris

·
Registered
160 Posts

Just what I got at their website:
http://www.revotechnik.com/
and an email I got from them saying they are interested in making software for the 24V VR6, and will hopefully start working on it this fall. They use the diagnostic port to add programs to the existing ECU. They even have a free 5 hour test drive!
They have an office in Sarasota, FL, not far from where I live, so I'm hoping they come up with something good soon...

·
Registered
4,335 Posts

Quote, originally posted by 2003GLi »
Just what I got at their website:
http://www.revotechnik.com/
and an email I got from them saying they are interested in making software for the 24V VR6, and will hopefully start working on it this fall. They use the diagnostic port to add programs to the existing ECU. They even have a free 5 hour test drive!
They have an office in Sarasota, FL, not far from where I live, so I'm hoping they come up with something good soon...

I would love to have this also.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Yeah, i'd be very interested in buying a chip from revo for my 24v...
what ended up happening in the APR vs. Revo lawsuit?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts