VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the best chip for the R? sorry i am posting all theses questions lately about parts...but the truth is that right now i am doing my tour in the lovely country of iraq and while i am here i am trying to order parts that i want, so that when i get home i can put them all on at once and hopefully be like wow my cars a lot faster. You know how it is though...yea the car is fast, but after you drive it a while you dont realize it as much anymore. So when i get home and have exhaust, intake, chip, lowering springs, sway bars, short shifters, and whatever else...maybe it will feel like a new faster car.

· Registered
18,843 Posts
Asking which chip is the best is akin to asking whos religon is the best. Everyone is going to feel that the one the have is the best.
For the most part they all make the similar power on a NA car. Some make a little more and some make a little less. Which as you've noticed makes it difficult to decide.
When I went chip shopping for my 2.0T engine I called around to the various dealers in my area and asked questions. I got a really got a good feeling from one particular shop. I visited them and had a really good impression of them and went with the chip they were a dealer for.
So, if deciding which chip to get is proving difficult, try looking at the dealers in your area and seeing which one of them gives you a feeling of comfort as well as a sense of them supporting you after the sale.
Anyways, that's my .02

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.