VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide on the next ride. Been outta the VW game for about 6 yrs now.
1st Dub? '01 GTI

Loved it until I heard about the 20th Anni models... Had to have one!!
2nd Dub? '03 Jazz Blue GTI

Loved every minute of it until VW announced the GLI, with the BBS wheels. WTF? 4Dr would have been the route with little ones running around the house. No way could I trade in this one for the '03.5 or '04 GLI.
Years later...
I have a friggin Mazda MPV
(I do it for the kids man!!)

Looking very seriously at the '10 or '11 GTI's, but now I see that there might be a Jetta Coupe too?? Engines types are still being sorted out, but doesn't look like everything will be available at launch.
Rather than offer the best option at release, they offer the "special" models WELL into the... ah nevermind!!
337...R32...24v GLI... 20th... GLI (Jetta version of 20th)
How does one choose? How do we get the info, and how soon is it going to be finalized? Why does VW do this?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Re: Choices are not always good... (Jn2rons)

dont hold your breath, the jetta coupe was a concept and no matter how much vortex screams for its production they will not make it

·
Registered
455 Posts
Re: Choices are not always good... (hockeystar17mnj)

Everyone I've talked to at dealerships and on here believes it will be produced soon after the ncs is released.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I believe I read somewhere that VWoA said they aren't going to make it.
I don't have the source to back it up, so take it how you want it.

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: (ireallycare)

Not saying that I want the Jetta Coupe, but would be nice to have all of the options out on the table... instead of being a new model every 3-5 months.
Hell I saw a commercial for the California edition Jetta the other day. WTF is that?

/rant

1 - 5 of 5 Posts