VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Tornado Red GTI, and plan on having it lowered via H&R coilovers, but other than that, the exterior is bone stock from the factory--i like the look of a nice clean car, lower than stock, with some nice wheels, not too into bodykits, etc etc...ive narrowed my choices to 5 different wheels, please give your input, keeping in mind that the car is red and it is a GTI, oh yeah, id like the car to handle decently too, mainly look+handling, so here are the choices--
**19x8 OZ Superleggera (light grey painted)
235/35YR19 BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW-2 tires
$2,808.75 shipped
**18x8 BBS RC (bright silver painted)
225/40WR18 Continental ContiExtreme Contact tires
$2,390.00 shipped
**19x8.5 BBS CH (bright silver painted)
$2,584.12 shipped
**18x8.5 Mille Miglia Cup 3S (bright silver painted)
225/40WR18 Continental ContiExtreme Contact tires
$1,511.95 shipped
**19x8.5 Mille Miglia Cup 3S (bright silver painted)
$2,099.45 shipped
Those are the choices, basically it comes down to either 18 inch or 19 inch wheels, and the style that looks best....Everyone knows the Superleggera's, the RC's are the wheels that come on the 337's, the CH's come on the brand new Passat W8's (i believe?), and the Mille Miglia's are the Porsche lookalike wheels, for anyone who doesnt know these wheels....cast your vote, and give opinions!!!

·
Registered
27,098 Posts
Re: Choose one of these 5 wheels....... (kyokoris)

I am losing my mind.....

Pick the one you like.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Re: Choose one of these 5 wheels....... (kyokoris)

Quote, originally posted by kyokoris »
all of them are super super played http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

damn, u beat me to it

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Re: Choose one of these 5 wheels....... (2wice1.8T)

PLAYED or NOT PLAYED, it up to you, just get watever u want.
but i think either OZ or CH, if i am u and have the dough
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Re: Choose one of these 5 wheels....... (MWymard)

Quote, originally posted by MWymard »
the CH's come on the brand new Passat W8's (i believe)

The W8's have optional BBS VZ's...different wheel

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Re: Choose one of these 5 wheels....... (SoFlaJetta)

i would say the superlegs but only if it was the 3 piece (or maybe 2 piece, i cant remember) anywho, the ones with the lip. $$$ as hell but very cool.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Re: Choose one of these 5 wheels....... (alpineskiman)

Do 19" wheels and 235 tires fit in on the MK IV's

I thought the beggest we could go was 18" and 225, otherwise you would be scraping..

·
Registered
139 Posts
Re: Choose one of these 5 wheels....... (bawlsyTDi)

Ok, I'm biased, mine are 18 x 8.5 Mille Miglia Cup 3s w/ Toyo Proxes FZ4 tires, 225-40-18. These wheels are not just Porsche "look-a-like wheels," Mille Miglia makes them for Porsche.

Modified by rkoenig at 8:29 PM 5-14-2003

·
Banned
5,531 Posts
Re: Choose one of these 5 wheels....... (bawlsyTDi)

Quote, originally posted by bawlsyTDi »
Why? Are you going to give me a set of my choosing? No? Then pick your own damn wheels.

lol!! I agree these build my car threads are gettin annoying! http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
39 Posts
Re: Choose one of these 5 wheels....... (sick01)

He didnt give anyone a set of wheels for them to chose for him. He simply asked your opinions. Whats the big deal in that? You guys are high and mighty been here so long you can rag on people? Give a suggestion or dont read the mans forum, jeez, to much hate

·
Banned
5,531 Posts
Re: Choose one of these 5 wheels....... (bodhi)

Quote, originally posted by bodhi »
He didnt give anyone a set of wheels for them to chose for him. He simply asked your opinions. Whats the big deal in that? You guys are high and mighty been here so long you can rag on people? Give a suggestion or dont read the mans forum, jeez, to much hate

Who care what I think or what you think they are his wheels on his car. I mean we could be 2 dorks w/o taste, if you want an opinion talk to someone you know!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Re: Choose one of these 5 wheels....... (sick01)

I just see nothing wrong with someone asking the opinions (just opinions not asking someone to pick something for you) of fellow vwers. It would be nice if people could be alittle nicer

·
Banned
5,531 Posts
Re: Choose one of these 5 wheels....... (bodhi)

Quote, originally posted by bodhi »
I just see nothing wrong with someone asking the opinions (just opinions not asking someone to pick something for you) of fellow vwers. It would be nice if people could be alittle nicer

people are nice on here to a point, but if you cant even decide what wheels you like for yuor car maybe your in the wrong hobby.

·
Banned
3,237 Posts
Re: Choose one of these 5 wheels....... (Rocketman_V)

Quote, originally posted by Rocketman_V »
Do 19" wheels and 235 tires fit in on the MK IV's

I thought the beggest we could go was 18" and 225, otherwise you would be scraping..
oh yes they fit like a glove

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Re: Choose one of these 5 wheels....... (Demon_Dub)

Quote, originally posted by Demon_Dub »
BBS RGR's 18x8 http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Agreed.
But from that list the Superleggeras.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Re: Choose one of these 5 wheels....... (m o)

To everyone whom is telling this guy to pick his own wheels:
If anyone picks their own wheels and you guys don't like them, all you to is give him shi.t about it, so why not help him pick the wheels.
Basically any thread like this is a "help me decide on which wheels to get so that I will like them and don't have to get flamed if I try to show people on the vortex."

1 - 20 of 30 Posts