VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Your choice ?

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Without driving any of them or having even half that budget, I'd choose the Evora every time. That's my semi-realistic dream car.

M2 is the best option as an actual car, but for that reason it's less interesting as a fantasy.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
A 6 speed manual M2 Comp with the exec pack and paint MSRPs for $60,650 with another $995 for destination and handling, what is up with that markup on the autotrader one?

·
Registered
262 Posts
M2 as it's the most sensible daily driver. GT350 is awesome, but I'd rather cruise in an M2.

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
GT350R would be my choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Interesting that the Cayman S and M2 Competition are neck and neck through the quarter... I thought the M2 would be a bit quicker.

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
C7 GS + daycare shuttle with the spare change for me

·
Registered
12,396 Posts
I've driven none of these recently so I can confidently say either Lotus or Mustang GT350 (I don't need the R). :beer:
You took the words right out of my mouth. If I could afford two fun $70k cars I'd choose both of them. But since I haven't yet owned a red-blooded American muscle car yet and the Voodoo engine sounds so good, the nod goes to the Mustang.

Although for the extra ~$12k the R costs over the standard GT350, I think I'd pony up the extra cash now as it will likely pay dividends down the road in terms of value and collectability. As cool as the carbon fiber wheels are, they're a pain to live with in the real world. I'd box them up so they remain pristine and I'd run a set of GT350 alloys instead.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Own one of them: would buy the GT350 given the chance, or the Evora.
For the 718 twins (with turbos): rather have them PDK. N/A engine? 6MT

1 - 20 of 82 Posts