VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26,162 Posts
I have to admit I over reacted. The car (GTI) is basically paid off and Im keeping it, upgrading my wife's car as planned and yeah, we will be getting an SUV but like I mentioned before, it is her car so I would hate for her to tell me what I can/can't drive and thats the main reason for the SUV.

We test drove about 6 different vehicles and the more we drove them the more we felt that the SUV was really the way to go. Perhaps we don't need a big vehicle, but for us we feel its the best choice. Thank you all for the suggestions and a few slaps on the wrist. The new car will be arriving by the end of this month and we are really excited for it.
very glad to hear this.
becoming a new parent, people tend to change a lot of things as a knee jerk reaction. i did the same. i traded in the only car i have ever bought new. with a new kid, i wanted to make lots of room in the budget. turns out, i really didnt need to be so worried.

its good to see that you got to keep a car you really have an attachment to.

its also good to see that the wifes car will be upgraded. more from a perspective of it being quite old, vs. me thinking it didnt fit the job enough.

too bad you are going SUV instead of wagon though. but thats personal preference. and at this point i get you didnt want/need a minivan, and thats fine as well.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
very glad to hear this.
becoming a new parent, people tend to change a lot of things as a knee jerk reaction. i did the same. i traded in the only car i have ever bought new. with a new kid, i wanted to make lots of room in the budget. turns out, i really didnt need to be so worried.

its good to see that you got to keep a car you really have an attachment to.

its also good to see that the wifes car will be upgraded. more from a perspective of it being quite old, vs. me thinking it didnt fit the job enough.

too bad you are going SUV instead of wagon though. but thats personal preference. and at this point i get you didnt want/need a minivan, and thats fine as well.
Thanks a lot for you input, it helped to bring my head down and reanalyze a few priorities. The truth is that even though we are a small family, in her car we were crammed, a 2hr trip to visit the in-laws would require quite a bit with the stroller and dogs kennels and other stuff. Xmas, man that was a trouble w gifts and all the things we needed for us, I think this will give us a lot of flexibility to carry more things and more people if needed. As for the wagon, I tried, trust me, but she didnt like any, i also think she wanted to sit higher and a car/wagon was not gonna cut it. Minivan... she admitted after we had given the new car deposit that she liked the new 2018 Odyssey, go figure...

21 - 23 of 23 Posts