VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That got your attention...
My good friend Scott @ Blacksheep picked this up last week, thought I would share some pics with you guys.
I know the car from the movie was a 58 Fury, and this is a 58 Belvedere, but its damn close enough. Looking at these pics, and watching the move is kinda creepy.

All the original parts like the chrome trim and steering wheel are in this pile:

And this is available at the NV DMV:

I will post progress pics as they develop.

·
Registered
39,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Christine. (Art Vandelay)

Quote, originally posted by Art Vandelay »
Looks to be in pretty decent shape, actually.

Aside from the 3 layers of nasty paint, its fairly rust free and straight.
I am trying to convince Scott to paint it like Christine from the movie, and I think he may do it...

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Re: (PsyberVW)

Quote, originally posted by PsyberVW »

You are.. The rest of us are going with:

You're just old

·
Registered
19,449 Posts
Re: (PsyberVW)

Quote »
Although advertised as a Fury, Christine retained more features common to that of a '58 Belvedere than anything else. Exterior-wise, Christine didn't bare the trademark '58 Fury Buckskin Beige paint nor the gold anodized aluminum side trim and grille. Her interior was completely custom and was never available to '58 Furys from factory. Her engine; a dual, four barrel carb, 350 cubic inch Golden Commando V8 was one of the two engines that were available to Furys in 1958, but also came optional in Belvederes and Sport Suburbans. However, Christine's engine was painted in custom colors with chrome plated air filter canisters instead of the original gold painted canisters. Christine's 150 mph speedometer was one feature that remained exclusive to the '58 Fury.

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
Re: Christine. (Swallow Doretti)

Quote, originally posted by Swallow Doretti »
Mmm...pushbutton automatic!

I saw that too. There's no Park lever though, like in 60s Chryslers... Do you have to put it in neutral and use the brake?

·
Registered
18,645 Posts
Re: (GahannaKid)

Quote, originally posted by GahannaKid »

You're just old

No, you're just clueless.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Re: (jettagli1991)

Should be relatively easy to restore too...
Just drive it slowly around the junkyard. Make sure the odo rolls backwards.
Rob

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Re: (Gvr4-330)

Nice.
I've never looked close at the IP of these before. The Consumer Reports-style Empty/Half/Full icons look way ahead of their time.

·
Registered
39,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: (GahannaKid)

Quote, originally posted by GahannaKid »
I can't be the only one?

Funny thing is, at the end of the move that is all I could think of, the scene from Futurama where they copied Christine...

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Re: (VegasJetta)

Quote, originally posted by VegasJetta »

Funny thing is, at the end of the move that is all I could think of, the scene from Futurama where they copied Christine...

You mean....copied "The Car"

1 - 20 of 24 Posts