VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
26,433 Posts
Nobody took the deal, people instead took the regular $1-5k rebates on most Chrysler products of 2008. Anyone with half a brain would rather take the thousands of dollars cash on the hood than save some bullcrap $1.50-2.00/gallon.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
One of the ladies who works at the finance company on my floor took it when she bought her Journey (yes, you read that right). I'll have to ask her how that's going next time I see her.

·
Registered
87,873 Posts
Nobody took the deal, people instead took the regular $1-5k rebates on most Chrysler products of 2008. Anyone with half a brain would rather take the thousands of dollars cash on the hood than save some bullcrap $1.50-2.00/gallon.
I feel the same way about low/no percent financing versus rebates.

Take $_k off the amount owed now and have a similar monthly payment as the no rebate special financing price? Um, yeah. Rebate please. :screwy:

·
Registered
87,873 Posts

·
Registered
47,921 Posts
I always thought the smart money was on gas prices settling in to about where they are for a good long while. I'd say this was more smarts than luck, but maybe not so smart if the customers are starting to feel cheated.
Unless something unpredictable happens. A Katrina like hit or terrorist attack or ? would spike it much higher and suddenly you're bust. (OK, maybe not bust, but you're hurtin'!)

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
Unless something unpredictable happens. A Katrina like hit or terrorist attack or ? would spike it much higher and suddenly you're bust. (OK, maybe not bust, but you're hurtin'!)
You're describing some risks, but that doesn't make Chrysler's deal lucky. It would be lucky if they bet on an unlikely scenario that actually happened, but they were betting on the most likely outcome.

·
Registered
47,921 Posts
You're describing some risks, but that doesn't make Chrysler's deal lucky. It would be lucky if they bet on an unlikely scenario that actually happened, but they were betting on the most likely outcome.
Granted, but if they got really unlucky...

That's what Lloyd's of London is for, I suppose. :beer:

·
Registered
13,633 Posts
One of the ladies who works at the finance company on my floor took it when she bought her Journey (yes, you read that right). I'll have to ask her how that's going next time I see her.
:confused: The Journey hasn't been known to be a bad car.

·
Registered
2003 Honda S2000, 2018 Subaru BRZ, 2015 GX460
18,508 Posts
He's been posting a lot about impending gas price spikes, double dip recessions, 2012 apocolypse, anarchy, rise of the apes, etc. I'm guessing a large short position.
my $$ is on the apes. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.