1 - 20 of 72 Posts

· Registered
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chrysler Sebring Cabrio @ 2006 LA Auto Show

UK Press Release:
Quote »

CHRYSLER REVEALS STUNNING SEBRING CABRIO AT LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW
Chrysler Group has today revealed the new Chrysler Sebring Cabrio that will be launched in the UK at the end of 2007.
All UK models will feature a retractable hard roof that folds into three sections and stows in less than 30 seconds. Standard roof system features include remote control operation from the key fob, standard powered tonneau cover and automatic latching.
Right hand drive models will be available with a 2.7-litre V6 petrol engine with six-speed automatic gearbox offering 189 horsepower and 191 lb-ft of torque. A 2.0-litre turbo diesel engine with six-speed manual will also be available with140 horsepower and 229 lb-ft of torque.
Peter Lambert, Managing Director of Chrysler Group, said: “Over the last decade the Sebring has been America’s favourite convertible and this latest model is ideal for European markets with a folding hard roof and choice of petrol and diesel engines.
“The new Sebring is a stunning four seat two-door Cabrio that will offer outstanding value for money compared to competitors like the Saab 9-3 and Audi A4 in the UK. The Cabrio offers more than enough room for four adults plus exceptional cargo space. It is three inches longer than the Sebring saloon and there is luggage space for four golf bags with the roof up and two golf bags when the roof is retracted.”

· Registered
Blackwing, Model 3, S2000, i3, Odyssey
15,851 Posts
Michael : Well, I, uh, guess it's time that I turn over the keys to the famous Sebring.
Dwight : No, thank you.
Michael : It's a corporate lease, Dwight. You've earned it.
Dwight : No, thanks.
Michael : What?
Dwight : Not my style.
Michael : But you said you liked it. You've always admired it.
Dwight : That was before. I'm thinking about getting something German. Something with decent gas mileage. Plus the convertible is a ridiculous choice for this climate.
Michael : Take it back.
Dwight : No.

Modified by GTI 20v at 4:13 PM 11-28-2006

· Registered
7,990 Posts
Re: Chrysler Sebring Cabrio @ 2006 LA Auto Show (FaLeX)

They should bring this over to US to compete against Pontiac G6 hardtop convertible. I know its not saying much, but it looks much better than the Sedan version.

· Registered
42,970 Posts
Re: (juice)

Quote, originally posted by juice »
Looks like the got a good family resemblance with the sedan. Though they don't even share a platform, right?

I believe they do. For previous generations, the sedan was a Chrysler chassis and the coupe was a Mitsubishi. For the past couple generations, I think the Sebring cabrio has been all-Chrysler.
This car's look works a lot better than the sedan's clumsy roofline. The hood ribbing and overwrought fascia are still painful, but it's like the family man's Crossfire now, rather than just looking like the default soulless convertible you get from the rental agency.
I look forward to seeing these with the roofs up on beautiful sunny days next summer.
I swear, Sebring owners never put the top down...

Modified by AKADriver at 4:23 PM 11-28-2006

· Registered
853 Posts
Re: Chrysler Sebring Cabrio @ 2006 LA Auto Show (FaLeX)

Quote, originally posted by FaLeX »
UK Press Release:CHRYSLER REVEALS STUNNING SEBRING CABRIO AT LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW

Stunningly ugly..

· Registered
7,783 Posts
Re: Chrysler Sebring Cabrio @ 2006 LA Auto Show (RLS)

I love how the wheels are so glaringly tacky. Like some dude bought some cheap pieces of **** from pep boys and coated them with that chrome spray paint. If I were cross shopping this against an Audi or Saab... haha hold on... I WOULDN'T cross shop against them, hell I wouldn't even consider it.

· Registered
7,990 Posts
Re: Chrysler Sebring Cabrio @ 2006 LA Auto Show (Volkscience)

Quote, originally posted by Volkscience »
I love how the wheels are so glaringly tacky. Like some dude bought some cheap pieces of **** from pep boys and coated them with that chrome spray paint. If I were cross shopping this against an Audi or Saab... haha hold on... I WOULDN'T cross shop against them, hell I wouldn't even consider it.

Well chances are it won't be as expensive as Audi or Saab so no you won't have to go through that.

· Registered
10,962 Posts
Re: (AKADriver)

Quote, originally posted by AKADriver »

I believe they do. For previous generations, the sedan was a Chrysler chassis and the coupe was a Mitsubishi. For the past couple generations, I think the Sebring cabrio has been all-Chrysler.

It's actually more convoluted than that; the sedan and the convertible were JA platform while the coupe was as noted a Mitsu.

Quote »
This car's look works a lot better than the sedan's clumsy roofline. The hood ribbing and overwrought fascia are still painful, but it's like the family man's Crossfire now, rather than just looking like the default soulless convertible you get from the rental agency.

I actually like the hood strakes...
I agree, though, this design is a huge improvement over the sedan, although I think it's not much less bland than the old model.

· Registered
7,783 Posts
Re: Chrysler Sebring Cabrio @ 2006 LA Auto Show (spidy)

Quote, originally posted by spidy »

Well chances are it won't be as expensive as Audi or Saab so no you won't have to go through that.

Yep, and it's really too bad they think they can go after the A4 or 9-3 with that thing too, as it suggests in the article.

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Re: Chrysler Sebring Cabrio @ 2006 LA Auto Show (VW PAUL)

I think it's a secret strategy by Daimler Chrysler to protect their intellectual property. No Chinese car company no matter how desperate is going to copy this.

· Banned
4,604 Posts
Re: Chrysler Sebring Cabrio @ 2006 LA Auto Show (VW PAUL)

Quote, originally posted by VW PAUL »
Mercedes needs to pull out and leave this b*tch

Mercedes MADE this b*tch to make an excuse to dump chrysler and cover up the fact they used all their money on their crap ass airplane company.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.