VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You didn't honestly think that I'd let ya'll down did you? Heck no! Just moving the venue slightly, to where I hang my hat most of the time.

So mark your calendars for June 2-4, 2017, and get ready to head for the Dayton Ohio area. Specifically, Moraine.

The new location will provide a similar atmosphere to my parent's backyard with plenty of space to relax, put up a canopy and enjoy the camaraderie. As an added bonus, it's only minutes away from all the conveniences of modern suburban living. There might be airplanes too, because, well, it's on an airport. (And before you even begin to think of that nice long flat stretch of concrete, anyone going near it with their car will be banned for life.)

So get ready. June's just around the corner.

·
Registered
623 Posts
So, what are you going to call it, still Cincy?
Back from Cincy '13, my dad asked me:

-So, how it was?

-Awesome, really. Nice people, nice cars, amazing journey, the car went flawless...

-And how is the city?

-Well, Wilmington is like any average american small town.

-And Cincinnati?

-What, Cincinnati?

-How is the town?

-Actually, I didn't visit the city because the event is held a little far from Cincinnati.

-You're telling me that you attended a car event that is called «Cincy» but is not held in Cincinnati?

-Pretty much this. :)

-... hmmm, ok... :sly: (at his face I could tell he is thinking that I'm more scirocco-afflicted than he thought)

So IMO I don't see any contradiction to continue to call it Cincy.
Or Cincy'rocco, if a name change is absolutely needed to mark the new era....;)

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Since the name stuck when it did move from Cincinnati, I think it's fine to keep calling it that too.
So on to lodging; Daun, are you going to set something up, or should we fend for ourselves? And if we fend for
ourselves (which is fine) any suggestions for hotels and locations?

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks for posting this thread with a date and location for this Awesome Event :D

I'll be there, with a Scirocco ... See ya June :cool:

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
+1 on keeping the name of the event "Cincy."

+1 on me being in attendance.

+1 on looking for hotel accommodations!
-I didn't name it originally (the name just evolved on the Scirocco List out of the "Cincinnati Scirocco Cruise-In." I don't really care what you call it... in spirit it's always going to be "Cincy" even if it is in Dayton. :p

-Excellent!

-I probably can look at it, although I'm not sure I'll do any better than what any of the discount travel websites will get you. AND there's a lot more legwork due to the number of choices in the area. That said, there are a couple of sketchy places nearby - generally if you go anywhere south of the event site, you should be good. (Immediately north? Not so much.)

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Woot! But will there be presses, and other amenities to do front wheel bearings...lol :thumbup:
Actually, we're much better equipped for that kind of stuff here than in Wilmington. I'll be curious to see what kind of failure(s) clan Chassin comes up with this year. :p :p :p

And for your shopping pleasure, some of the barn has migrated over here as well.

·
Registered
110 Posts
-I probably can look at it, although I'm not sure I'll do any better than what any of the discount travel websites will get you. AND there's a lot more legwork due to the number of choices in the area. That said, there are a couple of sketchy places nearby - generally if you go anywhere south of the event site, you should be good. (Immediately north? Not so much.)
Daun your correct, you can usually do just as well on the websites. I was just thinking we should just agree on a hotel so we are all staying in the same place. Makes breakfast easy to organize etc.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Daun your correct, you can usually do just as well on the websites. I was just thinking we should just agree on a hotel so we are all staying in the same place. Makes breakfast easy to organize etc.
There is a large bank of hotels in Miamisburg which is 7 miles south of the Moraine Airpark (if that is the right airfield) such as Red Roof, Hampton, Double tree, Hawthorn suites, Wyndham, etc...

1 - 20 of 150 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.