VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
9,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok So, I more than likely can do this by myself, but I like to have someone hold my hand on this one.

I have an adjustable cam gear and a G grind cam that I like to throw into the 1.7 :)rolleyes:) yes I know....

Anyhow, now that I have liberated the flow by way of the exhaust. I thought I could but the g grin in there.

If anyone her is going to cincy and like to help or take pictures we can make this one a how too for 8v's

Thanks,
el t

· Registered
9,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Registered
9,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I work best under the influence ;). Multiple impaired minds are always better than a single unimpaired mind. :thumbup::beer:
Well that and jimmy johns...

· Registered
1,733 Posts
Please provide your seat of the pants dyno impressions. I have a G cam and adjustable cam sprocket (came on the carb'd big valve head I bought that I won't be able to bolt on my CIS car). I've got the standard dual downpipe and a 2 in. exhaust.

I'd be interested to see what you think and please share your timing specs.

Stock cam in 1.7L engine just flat out stinks - does not make any power past 4500RPM.

Hey this is post 1234 for me...pretty cool :D

· Registered
9,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you have a shim kit and the valve adjusting tools?

(and maybe a valve cover gasket)
Damn it Jim....always thinking....I do not have the shims, but yes to the gasket

Please provide your seat of the pants dyno impressions. I have a G cam and adjustable cam sprocket (came on the carb'd big valve head I bought that I won't be able to bolt on my CIS car). I've got the standard dual downpipe and a 2 in. exhaust.

I'd be interested to see what you think and please share your timing specs.

Stock cam in 1.7L engine just flat out stinks - does not make any power past 4500RPM.

Hey this is post 1234 for me...pretty cool :D
If we figure out the shims issue and we do this I will make sure to have these written:thumbup: down and will share that too on the how to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.