VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
Anything will work but people seem to be confused with CIS and how it works. When the air flap moves a certain amount, it will deliver the proper amount of fuel for that movement. Plugging one of the injector fuel lines mean you will be loosing 1/5th of your fuel delivery. It does not force that fuel to the other injector ports.

I would use the tried and true modification and use the Volvo Turbo system. Good luck finding one at a decent price.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not concerned about plugging an injector port. This was already a 6 injector metering head with one blocked off for the 5 cylinder application. Porsche used 8 injector metering heads for a turbo 6.

I am reviving an 83 Rabbit L 1.7. Since the original mill has at least a blown headgasket. I am going the ABA+JH route 268° cam and good exhaust. This car came with the little air meter setup. This audi setup I had in storage for years but it has a freek valve, warm-up regulator and in very good condition. It also requires a mogombus european air boot. No doubt, it will be able to supply the 125ish hp. I wonder about this car not having a WOT switch as it is not a GTI. Do I need one? Easy to wire in?

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
Most CIS Lambda system use a similar control unit and frequencies. I do not think you will have a problem using a VW lambda with a Audi distributor.

You should be concerned about about the plugged off port. The plate does not care how many cylinders there are. It just measures air flow. The fuel distributor will deliver the right amount of fuel to the engine per air flow. If you plug off a port, you will be removing 20% of the fuel. Most people think that if you plug off one port, the other ports will deliver more. That is a poor assumption and just not true.

Could you make it work, yes, but there are plenty of easier ways to get more fuel. I'm willing to believe a stock fuel distributor will flow enough for the power you want with a few tricks.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea absolutely, I just dont have a decent sized CIS lambda like from a MK1 GTI. That would be perfect. I sold all the volvo 240T setups I had...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts