VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CIS, turbo, and an engine. 2.0 X-Flow or 1.8 JH?
I was all ready to run my rebuilt JH with stock head. I am using one of Steve Langford's turbo kits, and fueling will stay Euro-CIS for now, possibly VW Motorsports CIS later on. I aquired this 94 ABA engine for cheap, and if I will have a worthwhile power increase without losing anymore reliability I'd opt for it.
Both will run an ACT clutch, 8.5lbs. flywheel, 2H tranny, 90mm axels, ARP head studs, Cam gear, and new seals all around.
THe JH is running a stock headgasket, Swapped Knock sensor ignition, G-Grind cam, and Weber mono TB
While the ABA would run (2) 4 layer metal headgaskets, stock ABA dizzy with 4 pin socket (Knock sensor), a stock cam, and a shortened custom mani with a stock mono TB.
What do you think? All in a 1700lb 78 Rabbit. Mainly concerned about fueling and compresion issues.
ALso, this will be posted in a few forums for more results, sorry if that seems annoying

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Re: CIS, turbo, and an engine. 2.0 X-Flow or 1.8 JH? (JusAnothaRabbitRacer)

I would start with the JH bottom end. Its already a low compression engine so your set there. When you learn you to tune with the turbo then go to the ABA later on. I would consider getting another trans, the 2H is alittle short.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.