VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Re: city light (sum1namedjames)

i like the look and thought about it for my A4 but wasnt too sure how it would look. I was thinking Amber bulbs

·
17,317 Posts
Re: city light (AEB A4)

Quote, originally posted by AEB A4 »
i like the look and thought about it for my A4 but wasnt too sure how it would look. I was thinking Amber bulbs

oooo... my ecodes came with the bases and wiring, but I never did anything with it. I think that you just motivated me to buy some yellow bulbs and connect them.

·
Registered
9,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: city light (Love 4 Veedub)

Quote, originally posted by Love 4 Veedub »
my thoughts are im in the process of beating you to it

ok, im def doing it. alex, h20 we will compare the end result.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Re: city light (sum1namedjames)

i always wanted to try to make my own city light bulb spot cause i didn't feel like spending 500$ to have them on my car with ecodes.

let me know how this turns out http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
192 Posts
i just brought a pair of e-codes and they came wit the city light option i installed it and its look very nice wit amber bulbs you just have to tap into your corner lights.. its a 15 mins job very easy to do ill take some pics and post them

Modified by B5loverr at 2:41 PM 9-17-2008

·
Registered
9,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (Lazer Viking)

im going to the junk yard tomorrow to find the side marker light harness from a mk2 and that is what i will use for the wires, its already a wedge type bulb, and then ill just need to snip and connect to the corner lights. maybe ill get it done tomorrow. i hope.

·
Registered
192 Posts
i am very unmotivated my self i had my e-codes sitting at home for like a month till i finally decided to put them on ... but the only thing that sucks wit this city light thing is that cops will hassle you left and right about them i just drive around makes the car look really mean

·
Registered
11,570 Posts
Re: (B5loverr)

Haha im glad i motivated you, i actually haven't done anything more than think about doing it, please be my motivation

·
Registered
9,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (B5loverr)

alex (l4v), im doing this tomorrow, depending on what i find in the junk yard for a bulb holder/connector. but for your motivation, ill post pictures tomorrow night. i already got the amber bulb.
if cops hassle me about it ill say it came stock (on european models)

·
Registered
137 Posts
whom ever is doing it in stock 1 pieces should do a write up...cant justify e codes on the s4..and i am about to do the cc mod and this would finish them off

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I put LED city lights in my housings last winter. Looked great after I got brighter ones than I had originally put in, but the heat killed em off. Did all of it custom, and since the number one way to kill off LEDs is heat, I haven't put new ones in, so the LED holders just sit in the housings. I guess one could just wire them to turn off when the headlights were on; that would eliminate the problem.
Made a DIY on audiforums, btw.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts