VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,337 Posts
Re: City Lights question & Pic request (shotofgmplease)

yes, they will fit. I have 42DD blue LED's in my city lights. They give you an idea of what bluish ones will look like, but those piaas wont be nearly as blue as mine i would think.

Ian K

·
Registered
6,337 Posts
Re: (shotofgmplease)

im not 100% sure, but im sure they will be a lil blue. They look more like hyper whites, they will be brighter, it says they have a bluish tinge, but im not sure.
Ian K

·
Registered
34,109 Posts
Re: (Boosted20th2886)

Quote, originally posted by Boosted20th2886 »
im not 100% sure, but im sure they will be a lil blue. They look more like hyper whites, they will be brighter, it says they have a bluish tinge, but im not sure.
Ian K

It will be pretty blue (cousin has them on his Honda). But they are not by any means brighter.
Plus you run the risk of having the cops messing with you at night.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Re: City Lights question & Pic request (shotofgmplease)

i have the piaa city bulbs but a different part number. i have part number 19168. its white, but a blue bulb. i haven't put them on yet, so if you are looking for a set get back to me.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Re: City Lights question & Pic request (Boosted20th2886)

yes, they will fit. I have 42DD blue LED's in my city lights. They give you an idea of what bluish ones will look like, but those piaas wont be nearly as blue as mine i would think.

Ian K

you gotta remove the .orig.jpg from the end of the pic link.
that is...when imagestation is actually working right

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
Re: City Lights question & Pic request (Boosted20th2886)

yes, they will fit. I have 42DD blue LED's in my city lights.

Wow. Here in California you'd be pulled over in a HEARTBEAT for having blue lights on the front of your car - actually blue anywhere on the car (other than emergency vehicle) is HIGHLY illegal.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts

I put in PIAA dual LED city light wedge bulbs (P/N 19263) and they look pretty sweet. Since there's 2 LED's in the housing, you can get them in blue/blue, blue/white, or white/white. I got the white/white version and there's still a hint of blue, but I think it looks o.k.
Here's a link from Autotoys.com to show you what they look like. (kinda bad pictures on the site though).
http://store.autotoys.com/cgi-...19263
-Wayne

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Re: (Taddd)

Here it is with Ion Crystal Bulb

·
Registered
738 Posts
Re: (Wayne92SLC)

I just put those PIAA bulbs in my city lights 2 days ago. They are not as blue as the blue LED. I little blue tint though. Look like the HID look that they are going for, IMO. Go with them. I had white LEDs in there before. I like the PIAA wedge bulbs with the Silverstar high and low beam bulbs.

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (turbocraig)

Quote, originally posted by turbocraig »
I just put those PIAA bulbs in my city lights 2 days ago. They are not as blue as the blue LED. I little blue tint though. Look like the HID look that they are going for, IMO. Go with them. I had white LEDs in there before. I like the PIAA wedge bulbs with the Silverstar high and low beam bulbs.

regarding the silverstar bulbs, basically you have to buy a set for each head lamp right? one for low and one for high beams....right?

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Quote, originally posted by shotofgmplease »

regarding the silverstar bulbs, basically you have to buy a set for each head lamp right? one for low and one for high beams....right?

does anyone know the answer to this?

·
Registered
738 Posts

Yes, you do have to get 2 sets of bulbs for your headlights. For the US spec headlights, 2 sets of H7 bulbs and for the E-codes, 1 set of H7 and 1 set of H1 bulbs for the high beams. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,337 Posts
Re: City Lights question & Pic request (KevinC)

Quote, originally posted by KevinC »

Wow. Here in California you'd be pulled over in a HEARTBEAT for having blue lights on the front of your car - actually blue anywhere on the car (other than emergency vehicle) is HIGHLY illegal.

Well, i see that people have all these cobra eye thingys(the washer squirter things) in blue, so why cant i have blue LED's in my city lights? I havent gotten hassled with it yet, if i do then i might take them out.
Ian K

1 - 20 of 25 Posts