VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well a colleague of mine, whom happens to own a bargain basement 2002 Civic Sedan LX, 5/spd has somehow forgotten to check or change the oil in her car in some 6700 mi precisely, I checked her oil for her on my lunch break only to find 1 qt of 5w20 on the dip stick, in fact we ran to an Autozone® locally and filled 2 qts of castrol 5w20 just to get her by till her oil change. My argument is, and she and I gawk back forth with each other, over the Civic & Jetta, in fact she has picked me up and dropped me off at the Volkswagen service dept no fewer than five times since I purchased my car new some 5 mos ago, so you may imagine the hostility, My car is a 2.0L GLS 5/spd and consumes better than a qt every 2k miles, might the Civic be suffering from the same epidemic?

~Ryan
2k2 Jetta GLS 5/spd
hybrid 2.0DI burns both gas & oil.

[Modified by Hemoglobin, 4:17 AM 4-11-2002]

·
Registered
336 Posts
Re: Civic <LX> & MKIV Jetta <GL> whos the oil consumer ? (Hemoglobin)

i'm not really sure what the answer to your question is, but i think i'm having the same problem with my car...
What has your dealer done about your oil consumption problem?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.