VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/3248882085.html

Looks like a freaking SWEET swap, pretty darn clean. Z/28 with Grand National Drivetrain, details after the jump.

(if someone wants to host the images and copy the description for me that'd be awesome, I'm on my phone and sometimes doing that is 100% of all the headaches.)

·
Registered
4,052 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Hate that 90's plum color. Had a tough time helping my dad's friend sell his C4 in the same color. Bay look nice though. Nice period correct antenna too. hahaha!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Clink on this link to view the video of this Turbo Z28 Camaro...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYFV9sqW3Ew

This is a 1992 Camaro 25th Anniversary Hardtop TTA-Z28 (TTA-Z) with a complete 1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am (Buick Grand National style engine and transmission) drive-train with 57k original miles

Options include: Power windows, power locks, key-less entry, ice cold air-conditioning, AM/FM Stereo. The drive train assembly is complete from the Turbo Trans Am (TTA's had similar to GNX engines and transmissions with their own design for heads to work on F-bodies that performed better then GN heads) with engine, turbo, transmission, cross member, rear end, computer, wiring harness and TTA dash with working instruments. This swap of the TTA driveline into this F-body was performed properly. This Camaro is in exceptionally clean condition. This TTA-Z Turbo Camaro has always been well cared for and always garaged. This Camaro handles excellent, shifts great, gets great fuel economy and has a lot of power. It is a pleasure to drive and it is in show quality condition.

Drive-line ::

:: 3.8L TTA (Buick Grand National) engine (52k miles) with Intercooled Turbo
:: TO4B 60-1 Stage 3 .63 Turbo built by Limit Engineering, Inc
:: Fully polished Turbonetics compressor with waste gate port on exhaust housing
:: 52mm duel control waste gate - with boost lines on both sides of the spring
:: "Joe P" Manual boost controller
:: 37 # Injectors
:: Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
:: Walbro 255 fuel pump
:: Duttweiler inter-cooler necks (2)
:: 10.4 mm Taylor 409 race spiro-wound spark plug wires
:: Nitrous wet system (75 hp shot jets installed)
:: 200-4R transmission with shift kit
:: 3" up inlet pipe
:: Flowmaster exhaust system
:: Weld-in sub-frame connectors

·
Registered
I have a thing for Mazdas
7,237 Posts
I'd rock that, GTS headlight covers and all :p

All you need is a mullet and a Ted Nugent cassette in the stereo :laugh:

·
Registered
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I actually kinda like this one.
:thumbup: Is that wrong?
Not wrong at all. I'd kind of like it better with a 6-speed, but this engine doesn't rev super high and it develops plenty of torque. I like what the owner/builder has done and would rock it in a heartbeat!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.