VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have my stock cl lights and i want gti lights because i could be getting them for a good price what do i need to do to change the lights in order to do this is it hard or is it easy to do
also can't someone give me a link or tell me about a diy thing
thanx

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Re: CL to gti (plasmavw)

You need to get a set of plugs for the 9005 and 9006 bulbs. You should be able to pick these up of a wrecker from any car with these headlight bulbs.
I will sell you my GTI lights with bulbs for $150 CAD +shipping. Here is my postal code V1S1K8.
Unfortunately I no longer have the plugs as a friend needed them for his conversion.
As for the wiring, you simply have to spilt the ground wire (brown) to each of the plugs. Then run your low beam wire (white) to the bulb connector and the high beam wire (yellow) to the bulbs connector. Solder or crimp the wires, plug the plugs onto the bulbs, viola, turn on the lights!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: CL to gti (Bora20)

anyone else please thank you bora20 you were very helpfull but i need more i'm a lighting dumba$$ i don't capish

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.