VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, they sold this to me...took it back too.
What happened was the volume was extremely low and then you push a button and it would go up to normal, but only for 5 seconds or so then it would switch back to the radio.
Their booksaid it would work just fine. Help needed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: Clarion CD625 Changer from local shop did not work right...why??? (Guvs97JettaGT)

I just got a CD 625 for my 97 GTI and it's been working fine. Been handling bumps really well. You most likely have a bad changer or poor connection. I assume you have the original VW head unit and it's working okay? Was the changer's position selector correct?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Re: Clarion CD625 Changer from local shop did not work right...why??? (Guvs97JettaGT)

I have heard of the newer ones having to be programmed for a changer. Not usually the older ones though. Should not be an issue for a 97. That's wierd. Did they try another changer, or adapter? Maybe one of those components is to blame. I have never known Clarion to be the most (not least either) reliable units. If CA bnd has the same changer in the same car, I would have the shop try again, or try another shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.