VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: Classic car insurance? (CassidyRed)

Do you keep your car garaged? How do you let Hagerty's know that you do not garage your car?

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Re: Classic car insurance? (vtec this)

unless they want to come to your house and check, i wouldnt tell them that you dont garage it.
when i asked my regular insurance agent about insuring my classic, she went thru hagerty and got a unbelievable low price. like less than $150 a year if you keep the milege under so many miles (IIRC around 5000, but they dont check). i couldnt believe it. but she said they prob wont take anybody with more than one speeding ticket though. so oh well, i have to wait.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: Classic car insurance? (g60-inside)

In Canada we have an insurance company called "Silver Wheels" for collectible and vintage cars. No mileage limitations and they don't have many restrictions either. To insure my 75 Super is about $75.00 a year. What a deal!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: Classic car insurance? (SuperBeetles.Com)

I carry Grundy http://www.grundy.com/grundy_car_insurance.html on my beetle. They don't have mileage restrictions and they're about half the cost of Hagerty. They want the car stored in a garage like the others but like someone else mentioned, they probably won't check. However, I'm sure they (or other others) would deny a claim rather quickly if something happened to the vehicle and the adjuster discovered that you don't have a garage.
Forgot to mention - I pay $56 annually for my coverage.

Modified by judogi at 2:59 PM 7-15-2003

·
Registered
599 Posts
Re: Classic car insurance? (vtec this)

Quote, originally posted by vtec this »
Do you keep your car garaged? How do you let Hagerty's know that you do not garage your car?

I do garage my Ghia, so no problem there.
I got lucky and my dad sold one of his cars....so he had room in his garage. She is parked right next to a gas guzzling Corvette
until I get a place that actually has a garage.
Now, if only she was as fast as that Vette

·
Registered
243 Posts
this sucks. i live in the city, 4 blocks from where i work, so that i don't need to have a car for a daily driver. i keep my beetle garaged in a private parking garage with 24/7 security. but i don't qualify for classic car insurance because a) i don't have another car (i actually share my g/f's car, but they require one car per person) and b) my car isn't locked in a single car garage.
and progressive is trying to rape me at around $600/6 mo. with the bare minimum insurance coverage. are there any other insurance companies that might be a bit more friendly to this sort of situation??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts