VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend just got a 3rd generation cabrio (1997) and it is champagne colored with a beige top. The top has all kinds of blackish stuff all over it. Do you guys/gals recommend any particular product to clean this? Thanks

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Re: Cleaning cabrio top? (Mark OBrien)

try some simple green.
if that don't work.... try spit and your finger nail.
it gets almost anything off

congrats on the new cabrio, you can just leave
the top down, that solves that problem
NEXT.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Is it a cloth top or a vinyl?
Simple green works, there's also a convertible top cleaner alot of places sell. Since your in Tampa, the shop I got it from is out there, but I forgot what road.....it's a speed shop in between a used car dealer and a Mini Cooper dealer on one of the main roads....I'll find out the name of the place for you if you want.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Re: (litljenarey)

i found some stuff at checker its made by bluemagic called convertable cleaner i use it and a big siff brush combined witha lot of elbo grease it works well on my white top

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Re: Cleaning cabrio top? (Mark OBrien)

With vinyl, just be sure you read the ingredients...you dont need anythng in there that will dry out the top. Once you get the top clean, for the future I'd just recommend using a soft brush and regular car wash. Much cheaper than specialty products, and it's all your top should need.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Re: Cleaning cabrio top? (kuklaki)

On the vinyl you can use ArmorAll to keep it looking nice....don't overdo it though because it will run on your paint when it rains.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts