VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if this was a normal thing. When I went to take a look at the car I'm getting last week, I noticed that it had a clear plastic in front of the rear wheel wells. They looked like the same material that clear bras are made of. The shape of them is similar to the black trim/paint/protectant that porshe 911's had in the 1980's. Does anyone else have this on their car? I apologize if this has been covered before. Thanks for any replies!

·
Banned
5,977 Posts
Re: Clear guards in front of the rear wheel wells? (TP in SD)

quote:[HR][/HR]Normal, all 337's have it.[HR][/HR]​

They do? I don't think mine does. I would have noticed it by now. I'm a clear bra freak and was gonna put some of that material on those fender flares to keep them from getting chipped up.

·
Banned
5,977 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]No, No, in front of the REAR wheel wells, not the front.[HR][/HR]​
Right, I know exactly where you were talking about, and I don't believe I have them. I would have noticed them as I've washed this thing 1209389012309123809 times and was considering putting clear bra on that area of the car since it seemed like it would be hit by lots of lil rocks

·
Registered
766 Posts

I got em but they put them on soooo far back that theres dirt getting under it from the rear wheels! I was contemplating takin them off cause i know in a year or so its gonna look like poop with the outline of dirt showing. Any idea on how easy (or hard) it is to get these off?

·
Banned
5,977 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]If you don't, you definately should take it back to the dealership and get them.[HR][/HR]​
Yeah, cuz they're gonna agree to do that after I've had the car a month.

·
Banned
5,977 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Hey, it's your car, whatever!
[HR][/HR]​
No, it's not just my car. Everyone I've met in Austin and the surrounding areas with a 337 does not have this clear guard "bra" on the back wheel well flare. I've checked mine when I went home for lunch, I know for a fact Racin'Jason, Milo, Jackasic, TX337 don't have them.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Re: Clear guards in front of the rear wheel wells? (Mindflux)

Hmmmm. Mine has the clear guard things... They are sort of the shape of the black plastic ones the A2s without full wheel house flares had. I think they look kinda dorky but I know from experience living in the land of gravel and sand that they will probably keep the paint from being blasted off.
I wonder if they were put on based on destination???
Interesting.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Re: Clear guards in front of the rear wheel wells? (snapcase318)

I had them on mine but I asked them to take them off. Guys, I think they were supposed to be there only to protect the wheel well during shipping. Sort of like that white tape stuff they put on all our panels. And I think they are supposed to take them off when they are delivered.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Re: Clear guards in front of the rear wheel wells? (caper2874)

I noticed them on mine (before taking delivery) so I don't know if the dealer will take them off. However, I think they're permanent because they were clear and hard to notice. The white tape stuff was much more obvious!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Re: Clear guards in front of the rear wheel wells? (Dubbaya Fun)

quote:[HR][/HR]I had them on mine but I asked them to take them off. Guys, I think they were supposed to be there only to protect the wheel well during shipping. Sort of like that white tape stuff they put on all our panels. And I think they are supposed to take them off when they are delivered. [HR][/HR]​
Did you really get them off? How? did it leave any marks cause like i said above theres dirt getting under it around the edges and it looks like sh!t

1 - 20 of 34 Posts