VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into clearing out my turn signals on my jetta and I would really like to find a place to buy clear replacements for the orange plastic side markers on the lower bumper of my A3 Jetta. Does anyone have any help for me?? Thanks

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Re: Clear Side Markers, is there such a thing for an A3 Jetta?? (gneboardin)

Unfortunately no company makes them.
Hella wanted an order of 10,000 and a retailer just wont put up that much since the new body is and has been out.
People have made their own. The best I have seen was on a green Jetta from NY I believe. Hopefully he'll chime in.... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Smoked is always a GREAT alternative..
...My 2 cents.

·
Registered
23,994 Posts

I've heard of people customizing thier sidemarkers and making them clear with the use of a Dremel tool....if I recall correctly, they would remove the inner yellow tinted area and this cleared them out....I'm not sure though so do a search. I personally have the Hella smoked sidemarkers and I like the look that I've got with them.....

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Re: Clear Side Markers, is there such a thing for an A3 Jetta?? (vwsteve)

Would seem to me that they are two piece just as the front turn signals are. You would probably have to use a heat gun to separate the two pieces, and then take the orange reflector out. It would be a tedious project, but well worth it in my book. Oh!...if that does work, make sure you re-seal them with something to weatherproof them...you don't want water gettin in there when it rains. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Re: Clear Side Markers, is there such a thing for an A3 Jetta?? (vwsteve)

quote:[HR][/HR]I've heard of people customizing thier sidemarkers and making them clear with the use of a Dremel tool....if I recall correctly, they would remove the inner yellow tinted area and this cleared them out....I'm not sure though so do a search. I personally have the Hella smoked sidemarkers and I like the look that I've got with them.....[HR][/HR]​
yes!!! I did it it looks sooooooo much better
I got new ones and cleared them so they look crystal clear....
How I did it???
take out the blinker, heat it with a hair blower or dryer... CAREFULLY pry open the lens, I did it with a razor blade, carefully hammering the blade through the seam..
then with a screwdriver open the blinker, remove the orange plastic and the gray stryped reflector!!! then clean the seam and seal it with clear epoxy!!!

This are the ones I did!!!
I love how they look!!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
NOTE, some people take out only the orange plastic I took out EVERYTHING and put an orange bulb!!!

·
Registered
23,186 Posts
Re: Clear Side Markers, is there such a thing for an A3 Jetta?? (Zerek)

too bad the european ones are soo friggin hard to clear out... even the orange piece was a girl and a half trying to get out.
its all good either way.
I think that what he means is the clear dummies on the side of the bumper. On any dark car, this would look pretty ricey imo. But on lighter cars, it may look good http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Re: Clear Side Markers, is there such a thing for an A3 Jetta?? (DUHSHET)

quote:[HR][/HR]Unfortunately no company makes them. [HR][/HR]​
...not true. you can order them online from a company called clear corners dot com , but be warned, they are rather expensive. they run over $100usd a set...

I have seen people do the job themselves, but none have the bump of the original marker. If you want to change them, I suggest getting smoked ones made by Hella. You can change to bulb from orange if thats what you are looking to do, and they look good on pretty much any colour.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

Check out amimotorsports.com They are in Canada. I just checked out their seb site and found this under "New Products"
"Coming in the first week of December... Finally, clear side bumper markers for the MK3 Golf/Jetta, and for the MK4 Golf/Jetta. Priced at $99 Canadian per pair.
Pre-order and only pay $89 including shipping. Lenses use the stock bulb holders.
(prices do not include tax)" This was copied off of their sire. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Re: Clear Side Markers, is there such a thing for an A3 Jetta?? (SteeltownDubber)

Well SORRY!!!!

I post about the OTHER blinker/ side marker/ whatever

but I know what you are looking for>>>
I want them for my white jetta, it would look so sick. Check it out.

This is the look I want, check the Side marker

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Re: Clear Side Markers, is there such a thing for an A3 Jetta?? (Zerek)

quote:[HR][/HR]Well SORRY!!!!

I post about the OTHER blinker/ side marker/ whatever

but I know what you are looking for>>>
I want them for my white jetta, it would look so sick. Check it out.

This is the look I want, check the Side marker
[HR][/HR]​
I hate to tell you but the Jetta in the pic has its sidemarkers painted white to match the car...they are not clear. That car used to be Steve's from 1552, give him and a call and he will tell ya the same...

·
Registered
970 Posts
Re: Clear Side Markers, is there such a thing for an A3 Jetta?? (psi glx)

Here's a concept pic that I did a while ago.. I finally gave up on making my own and just bought the smoked hellas.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Re: Clear Side Markers, is there such a thing for an A3 Jetta?? (psi glx)

quote:[HR][/HR]I hate to tell you but the Jetta in the pic has its sidemarkers painted white to match the car...they are not clear. That car used to be Steve's from 1552, give him and a call and he will tell ya the same...[HR][/HR]​
Yea, but that's how it will look like (more or less) with clears!!! I a white car it looks very nice, my opinion...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.