VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been a problem for me for a while now. Huge chunks of clear coat are peeling off the the front bumper. I don't spray it that hard at the car wash, just enough to get the bugs off. The clearcoat just keeps peeling off, and everytime I wash it more areas open up. It looks like crap, and i don't know what to do. Any help would be great. Someone told me the warranty would cover it, is that true? How much would it be to put new clearcoat on, or would i just have to have it repainted?
~ Marcus

· Registered
332 Posts
Re: Clearcoat peeling off on front bumber!! (SloassBeetle)

Are you the first owner? Is this a repaired bug? The warranty will not cover it. If you had reported it within the first 12 months, maybe you would have had a case. But 5 years latter... You may be SOL.

11,890 Posts

Mine did that too in the first year! I took it back to the dealer, they waited to hear from the regioanl service manager, he kept them waiting a long time, so they agreed to re-paint it (woo-hoo Fred Vincent VW!!!). One year later and the front of my car was so pitted with bug and rock dings, I bought a bra to cover it. I never thought to go back and complain, I just thought I would live with it. I really like the look of the bra, but when I take it off in the winter, the front end makes me want to cry. Oh-and the clear coat is peeling again.

[Modified by silverspeedbuggy, 4:51 PM 8-5-2002]

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Clearcoat peeling off on front bumber!! (silverspeedbuggy)

Yeah, i think i might just go and buy a bra for it. I'm not sure i like how they look, but it will be better than what it look like no i'm sure.
~ Marcus

· Registered
1,984 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Yeah, i think i might just go and buy a bra for it. I'm not sure i like how they look, but it will be better than what it look like no i'm sure.
~ Marcus[HR][/HR]​
Naw, don't buy a bra! I know they are to protect it, but it looks funny.....you could go to a body shop and have them spray a clear coat over the base coat, that is if the base coat isn't damaged

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.