VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
BMW M3, Mazda CX-5, Ford E350, motorcycles
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left my house about 7:00 this morning and headed for Cleveland. After a stop for gas and to take some pictures, I arrived at the location for the C&C about 8:30, so a little early. I mostly shot on film today but won't get to the darkroom for a few days, so enjoy some ****e cell phone pics.

Note, I didn't take any photos of the exotic stuff, as I just don't care. There were a bunch of Huracans, F430s, F488s, GT-Rs, an Aventador (I think), a Merc something that looks like a ****, and some other modern stuff that just doesn't interest me all that much. If there had been a Diablo, I would have been all over it. I'm a 90s kid.

Too many Subarus, Focuses, and Mustangs. Also, the ******* demographic couldn't help themselves from sending it upon exit. Really too bad, honestly. So many near misses. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a crash after I left as 3/4 of the field still had yet to leave.

Here are some of my favs.

My M3 sedan with a turbo M3 in Dakar and a super fresh 997 Turbo. That thing was absolutely perfect. The 930 in the background will show up again.

So much want:

This is my dream car:

A very period FB

S-Car go swiftly, 150:

This is for sale at $18,000 OBO and I'm finding it tempting.

I didn't know I needed this, but I do:

Much of the show was pricey stuff, but I'm a loser so I don't care:

This brought me joy:

Why would someone put these wheels on this?

Caterham contingent and a Cappuccino:

Lovely 325i:

Oh god.

There were five or six Vipers.

This 540-6 was so sweet:

MKII gang is getting to be middle-aged. I was once part of this club. I love this example:

A huge showing. Hundreds of cars:

This ratty 911 was just wonderful:

This has got to be the last surviving Accord of this generation in this condition in the rust belt.

·
Registered
34,378 Posts
Why was no one wearing a mask or practicing social distancing????? :p
Yeah over here that stuff is getting worse, not better.

·
Registered
29,346 Posts
S Cargo - very cool! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for sharing!

Gen. 1 997s have aged superbly well.
Totally agree.

Thanks for the pics, my faves are the red RX7 and the slate grey Subie hatch :thumbup:
That Subaru was super popular and for good reason.

Why was no one wearing a mask or practicing social distancing????? :p
These aren't a smart people.

Nice MK2. How much does one in that condition sell for?
ANywhere from $3500.00 to $10,000 as far as I can tell.

Yokohama AVS Model 5. Very nice and period correct for the NSX, they might have been NSX specific for a while too.
Awesome. Thanks for the info! They just looked a little ungainly in person, but what do I know?

Yeah over here that stuff is getting worse, not better.
No one wears masks in Ohio or Western PA it seems. I'm an outlier.

S Cargo - very cool! :thumbup:
The dude who owns it was awesome, too.

Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:
Anytime!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Thanks for sharing, but its silly how 'normal' everyone seems to be behaving. Our C&C events have been cancelled; and as much as it sucks (I love getting up early on a Sunday morning, no joke) I probably wouldn't attend even if they did have it given the crowds they attract.

I think I made it out to one C&C in Cleveland before I moved back to WI; back when C&C were somewhat new. We had maybe 15 cars. Times have changed, for the better (minus the idiots trying to kill people on the way out).

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like a blast! I too love the older stuff that has survived and not the new expensive stuff. Thanks for sharing. :beer:
Thanks! I take what I can get out here in terms of car events that aren't all Corvettes, Mustangs and redcaps.

Thanks for sharing, but its silly how 'normal' everyone seems to be behaving. Our C&C events have been cancelled; and as much as it sucks (I love getting up early on a Sunday morning, no joke) I probably wouldn't attend even if they did have it given the crowds they attract.

I think I made it out to one C&C in Cleveland before I moved back to WI; back when C&C were somewhat new. We had maybe 15 cars. Times have changed, for the better (minus the idiots trying to kill people on the way out).
It was a bit wild how folks were acting. I felt like a weirdo for always keep a distance from people and largely wearing a mask if I had to interact at anything closer than ten feet. I left early as it was getting too crowded and it was making me uncomfortable.

·
7,995 Posts
They've been trying to get C&C going again here in Cleveland for a few months; the city kept shutting it down before it could happen due to COVID concerns. Looks like a change to the venue might have helped as the old spot was a crowded Starbucks parking lot. I took my Forza-loving nephew and my Scirocco to the Starbucks C&C last year and loved it. Met the guy (Gus) who owns that MK2 GLI. Nice guy; he also has a minty Corrado.

Your pictures confirm why I'm going to continue to avoid events like this: too many lax people. A close friend just recovered from COVID and my Forza-loving nephew's uncle just died from it. Cleveland-proper and the surrounding suburbs are taking masks seriously, but as you get away from the inner-ring, masks are more spotty. No thank you, not taking the chance.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They've been trying to get C&C going again here in Cleveland for a few months; the city kept shutting it down before it could happen due to COVID concerns. Looks like a change to the venue might have helped as the old spot was a crowded Starbucks parking lot. I took my Forza-loving nephew and my Scirocco to the Starbucks C&C last year and loved it. Met the guy (Gus) who owns that MK2 GLI. Nice guy; he also has a minty Corrado.

Your pictures confirm why I'm going to continue to avoid events like this: too many lax people. A close friend just recovered from COVID and my Forza-loving nephew's uncle just died from it. Cleveland-proper and the surrounding suburbs are taking masks seriously, but as you get away from the inner-ring, masks are more spotty. No thank you, not taking the chance.
Yeah, it was alarming. A week later now, and I really worry about the fact that I went. I don't know why I thought folks would be more responsible. I am glad that it wasn't protest-levels of density and that, if one wanted, they could be further away from folks, but still, not a brilliant crowd. Being outside has been proven to decrease transmission, but that doesn't mean it's 100% obviously.

Ok, maybe not that exact one as it's way worse in person than in photos. I'm still going to bid if it stays reasonable. My wife won't be delighted.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
makes me miss my 79 RX7. I loved that car. I am continually surprised that early RX7s haven't been appreciated like Zs

1 - 20 of 26 Posts