VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
'20 R1250 GSA, '17 Alltrak SEL, '89 Tristar Syncro TDi, '80 Scirocco "S"
23,461 Posts
That car belongs to someone who has it listed for sale on our Southwest forums.

I have always wanted a red RS6 Avant like the one I drove to the APR BBQ in 2002. :heart:

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
One of three? I believe it. Its beautiful. A fine car and if you are going to buy the ticket to hell, might as well go first class. This car is still at ownership level of doctor/lawyer/professional even at the price of a new GTI. 35K mile trans is a plus but only an idiot that has a budget of only $25k for a car would consider this. Worst of everything Audi, V8, TWO turbos and ZF auto. Of course waiting for TCL experts to say "don't worry about these idiots, buy it what could go wrong" However if I had ****you money I would keep one that's for sure. I think these are a landmark car for Audi.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen that color on an RS6 before. I could be the picture in the OP but the hue looks a bit pale compared to the Imola offered on the B5/B6 S4 et.c. I love it anyway!

I still think this whole "omg it's just waiting to break its transmission" talk is a bit over exaggerated but what do I know? Pop's second out-of-warranty 110k mile V8 Audi has yet to make him a poor man.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Area codes don't mean **** anymore with no roaming and landlines not charging long distance - I've kept my NJ number for over 10 years now, and I've lived in two different states since then.
Whenever I got my phone, they literally asked me what area code I wanted. Perfect for somebody like me who doesn't like being found easily.

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
This thing is awesome. In a good and awesome in a someone without the actual maintenance budget is going to buy this and have it parted out in a few years because he can keep up with the maintenace.
But I would :heart: to have this car. Ever since this genereation came out I have found that this design has aged gracefully.

·
Registered
25,724 Posts
Not bad.. not bad. :thumbup:

Like any car of this nature, I wouldn't be afraid to own one.. but I wouldn't advise it to be ones only car to get to work and back either. Have it as a toy and another car for work? Yup.

·
Registered
15,160 Posts
Its really is. That generation A6 always looked AWESOME in bright colors.
Yup, and I'm particularly drawn to this b/c my first real performance car was a yellow ITR w/black interior.

However I wonder if it's really that good of a car. I think in many ways it exemplifies what many of us don't like about modern cars--overweight, overdone, overcomplicated, overpowered. And it definitely helped push those high-performance midsizers away from the M5 formula.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.