VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like the topic says... what is it?? could it be the lifters or something else entirely??? is my car good to dive?? and what can i do to fix it?

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Re: clicking sound coming from under header (canadiangolf2.0)

is it only whem it warms up ? my cat clicks when it hot and is cooling down .......at least it used to the nitrous blew the inereds out of it must of got kinda hot

·
Registered
111 Posts

Is is more of a popping than a clicking? If so it's probably your head gasket.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Re: clicking sound coming from under header (xhybrid_dubx)

if it's while the engine is running, most likely exhaust leak. if it's while the engine is off and cooling down, no worries.

Modified by CaliG-60 at 11:15 AM 2-14-2004

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: clicking sound coming from under header (CaliG-60)

it happens all the time when the engine is on. can only be heard outside the car. it is an ireegular sound that kinda sounds like two cans hitting eachother quietly. it happens quite a few times every second

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

bump to top, i dont want to drive until i know it will be safe to do so

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (brandon002)

yeah, kinda. and now that i think of it that might be it, i acidentally added a bit to much oil last tim i toped er off.. how can i check if that is what it is??? and is my car good to drive?

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
it should be cool to drive...it sounds like the cat or heat sheild, or maybe part of your exhaust is lose..

i has something like that(2 can clicking) coming from under my drivers floor, and it ended up being one of my exhaust clamps were messed up and juss needed to be re welded back on

1 - 9 of 9 Posts