VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Wow well that's really good to know for the future if my 16v decides to explode on me... again...
Well thanks for the info!

· Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Small update - got all the charge piping done and mounted the bumper. Luckily I didn't have to remove much, it fits pretty well as is. :D

Still need to figure out how to make the black grill fit though. :confused:

I must say, it's a lot of fun to drive as is, improperly tuned and such. It does start to splutter under 3/4 throttle whilst boosting. I assume it's flooding out due to the large TT225 injectors and CIS fuel pump. I need to get my Malone tune asap! :D

· Registered
9,906 Posts
Looks great! What muffler did you end up going with? I need to re-do my exhaust on my 1.8t wagon and i need something whisper quiet :laugh:

I'm selling a Unitronics BT 440cc AEB ecu if you want to run some more booost :)

· Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Looks great! What muffler did you end up going with? I need to re-do my exhaust on my 1.8t wagon and i need something whisper quiet :laugh:

I'm selling a Unitronics BT 440cc AEB ecu if you want to run some more booost :)
Still haven't found a muffler. It's currently a 2.5" turbo back with no cats or resonators to a VR6 rear muffler. It's super quiet, which I love. I'll get one installed in the spring.

I'm getting a custom C2 tune done this week, but thanks for the offer. :)

· Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Small update - got the tune 98% perfect, just needs some minor tweaking. I installed a 3" MAF which made a huge difference in power and overall smoothness and fuel trims. I also just installed a new set of TSI coil packs. It idles way better and pulls incredibly hard at 20psi. I'm lovin' it. :D

Any updates? Im just about to pull the trigger on the new exhaust on mine and get my boost control on so I can get back up to 25psi :D
Still haven't decided on a muffler yet. :( I'll probably just get a Magnaflow or something. Too bad Milltek doesn't sell just mufflers.

one of the best B3 that i saw.

congrats man.
Thanks dude! :beer:

nice car and build!! :thumbup:
Thanks!

· Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Love this car. Gas prices are making me think I want to swap my syncro from a VR to 1.8t.

Any updates on Clifford?
Yes there have been, I've been lacking with updates. In July I rebuilt and swapped in a syncro system from another Passat to help with first and second gear traction issues. :D Front Recaros are about to be recovered in black leather to match the rest of the interior, and I'm currently rebuilding a set of rare 80s rims for this upcoming season.

I'm also thinking about trying a different tune and getting some dyno time. 6-speed 02C is also in the works. :p

I'll post some more pics later today. Poor guy's been parked for a week as a ball around in my newly-acquired urS4. :)

· Registered
16 Posts
So I listen AEB engine ... Looking changed your intake manifold with one from Audi TT or wrong?
Is the engine stock?
Because as you know it and I guess I'm such an engine, but decided to boost it a bit and look to exchange experiences with some.
I'm on my changed his turbine, injectors, petrol pump, exhaust manifold, full exhaust. If you give me your skype to contact and talk

· Registered
16 Posts
I could not understand much, because google translator translates a little strange, but if the question is how does the electrical installation is very easy. We used the original cables and just laced up a new engine to the old and everything works

· Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Bit of a random update, kinda forgot about this thread.

After getting tired of having zero traction through third gear, I bought syncro waogn for an insane price, just for the syncro AWD system. Pulled it out:

All cleaned up and rebuilt, awaiting installation:

Installed! :D

Naturally with the front power take-off, prop-shaft, and different rear suspension the whole exhaust needed to be completely rebuilt. So a buddy tig-welded a 2.5" stainless steel turbo-back exhaust for me. :)

I then picked up some new wheels from another buddy. Porsche dealer option from the late 80s. 16x8.5" final et +6mm, 16x10" final et -14mm.

They needed to be refinished, so I had them mirror-polished and colour matched Tornado Red to the car. :D

There's still a bunch more I want to do, like finally recover the front Recaros in black leather to match the rest of the car, and repaint the whole front end.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.