VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i cut the diode off the map... taped that sucker up and took her for a 25psi on pump gas blast!!! damn that was a rush... no limp mode, pulled harder than hell, very very impressed... timing logs comming soon... so if your interested in revo BT beta info stay tuned

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Re: clipped off the diode.... (1.8T3t04e)

Quote, originally posted by 1.8T3t04e »
well i cut the diode off the map... taped that sucker up and took her for a 25psi on pump gas blast!!! damn that was a rush... no limp mode, pulled harder than hell, very very impressed... timing logs comming soon... so if your interested in revo BT beta info stay tuned

I am interested...

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Re: clipped off the diode.... (FrankiEBoneZ)

Here is the timing runs. Those dips where it goes down to zero, I think are just log errors. Maybe Andy can give us an idea about that.
The first graph with diode, timing 2 on the sps3... 20psi, 10:1 a/f
The second is the same with suposed 3º timing retard with the SPS
As Steve stated, he is going to e-mail me the graphs with no diode.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Re: clipped off the diode.... (FrankiEBoneZ)

by the end of next week there will be no reason to be doing the MAP clamp trick. This is taken right from the email from Nick at Revo yesterday that had the software attached:
"This program will need a few more tweaks. I expect to take it out of beta next week. This program here is a beta fyi. Please get it to Danny (North Jersey Revo Dealer) so he can flash your car."

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Re: clipped off the diode.... (imola_monster)

Yea, my diode has been off all week since it fried. Sucks though, since I'm stock ECU, I can't boost over 15psi, or I will get limp. 12psi is still fun, I guess

We have been hearing "just another few weeks" from Revo for MONTHS. I need this on my car!

·
Banned
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: clipped off the diode.... (nebulight)

Quote, originally posted by nebulight »

Here is the timing runs. Those dips where it goes down to zero, I think are just log errors. Maybe Andy can give us an idea about that.
The first graph with diode, timing 2 on the sps3... 20psi, 10:1 a/f
The second is the same with suposed 3º timing retard with the SPS
As Steve stated, he is going to e-mail me the graphs with no diode.

ok here is the skinny... th blue is with sps3 at timing 3... then i went into lemmi winks and pulled -3 degrees (pink)...
going to set timing to 0 with sps3 and do a few logs messing with lemmi...
both of those are with a diode n the map... doide less runs soon to come

·
Banned
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: clipped off the diode.... (nebulight)

and here is the ko3 program... seems smoother and more agressive... more agressive means more dangerous

·
Registered
1,913 Posts

Just as a comparison.
GIAC ko4 chip, S4 maf and 4.7w diode....this is my ever day pump gas set up. Never had any signs of detination http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif .
When I tune for race gas the timing is even more aggresive... I do make a few changes to the set up though

·
Banned
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

also i forgot to add... this is with the maf unplugged... ill be testing with the maf and with out the maf on the dyno this week...

·
Registered
6,675 Posts

Quote, originally posted by 1.8T3t04e »
also i forgot to add... this is with the maf unplugged... ill be testing with the maf and with out the maf on the dyno this week...

Who is this 1.8T3t04e guy?

·
Banned
1,504 Posts
Re: clipped off the diode.... (Wolk's Wagon)

Quote, originally posted by Wolk’s Wagon »

Who is this 1.8T3t04e guy?

DONNO..
we have almost the same exact signature tho.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts