VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the topic states, recently my B4 Passat's clock will go back to 1:00 each time I shutdown/start up the car, the radio's presets are still there but the clock is definitely messed up, any clues?

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Re: clock goes back to 1:00 each time I start the car (fangtl)

How old is the battery? Same thing happened to my wifes 99 newbeetle back in May, the clock would reset each time she would start the car, and the trip meter in the speedometer would reset. But the radio stations would still be there. Eventually the car wouldn't start, I did a load test on the battery, and it had a dead cell. Replaced the battery and it never happened again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: clock goes back to 1:00 each time I start the car (77kafer)

I think the battery is 3-4 years old, so far it's only the clock, the tripometer is still accumulating correctly.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Re: clock goes back to 1:00 each time I start the car (fangtl)

Quote, originally posted by fangtl »
I think the battery is 3-4 years old, so far it's only the clock, the tripometer is still accumulating correctly.

check the battery for the clock itself. I had a stereo where there was a single AA battery on a cable that kept power to the radio for the clock and the radio's memory. it was a black cable, from what I remember.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Re: clock goes back to 1:00 each time I start the car (SomeVWGuy)

I am pretty sure that he is talking about the oem clock in the dash as opposed to an aftermarket stereo with built in clock.
maybe your DST auto adjuster is stuck. lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.