VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Ill list his pritorities:
1. The car must be just a blast to drive.
2. Rare/Unique
3. Performance... doesnt necessarily mean that it runs low 14's stock...if that was the case he'd get a ss camaro... but something that can handle the twisties..... he has told me that in terms of moding the car, he'll spend roughly $3500 in mods.
4. Reliability, exterior styling/interior/comfort are all important but every one has their own preferences so i guess this should not be consdiered by you guys

Also... please list any other cars that you think would be roughly in the same price field as these cars becuase at this point he is doing more research and is a bit unsure about the Supra ( a bit heavy ) and the RX-7 ( reliability issues ), but both of us agree that the RX-7 is superior in terms of appearance. These are what he has listed and i know he hasnt checked the prices of the cars at the dealer/private home so if you can give a rough estimate ( w/ mileage ~8k/year) please do so. Thanks

[Modified by 420247, 1:06 PM 4-11-2002]

·
Registered
947 Posts
Re: close family relative needs input on what car to buy next :D (420247)

Voted for the M-coupe. I like the styling a little better than the M3, has more personality. Yeah, it'll be more expensive than a '95 M3, but I've seen them for under 30k with ~20k miles. The Supra is appealing for its tuning potential, but the price is way up there. I'm always shocked when I look at US prices. I see a bunch for $30k and some even $40k or above. That's EXPENSIVE in my book.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Re: close family relative needs input on what car to buy next :D (420247)

Can he wait? If so, I'd steer him towards the new 350Z. Or perhaps the RX-8....

But from the choices listed, get the Z3 coupe!

·
Banned
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: close family relative needs input on what car to buy next :D (3liter914-6)

quote:[HR][/HR]Voted for the M-coupe. I like the styling a little better than the M3, has more personality. Yeah, it'll be more expensive than a '95 M3, but I've seen them for under 30k with ~20k miles. The Supra is appealing for its tuning potential, but the price is way up there. I'm always shocked when I look at US prices. I see a bunch for $30k and some even $40k or above. That's EXPENSIVE in my book.
[HR][/HR]​
well the thing is that we have an uncle that owns 3-4 car dealerships. so it'll be much much cheaper than what he would pay at a dealership (20%+ cheaper). To give you an idea of what kind of deal I'd get, before I bought my corrado, I talked to him about buying an N/A 93 Supra w/ ~65k-70k miles and he said it would cost me about $7k plus shipping ( however, this was the N/A so I don't think demand is high at all)so Im estimating that a 95 M3 with about 60k miles will set him back around $14k plus shipping.
BTW, I called some local BMW dealerships today and the 98 Raodster's with ~ 35k miles are asking about $25k-$27k.

[Modified by 420247, 1:08 PM 4-11-2002]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts