VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It might be me and my paranoia, but I believe the clear coat on my wheels are starting to cloud up. I've been using meguair's wheel cleaner, (not professional bottle) But I'm not sure if its that or the friggin' wand from the DIY place down the street. Sometimes it gets confused and hiccups different types of cleaners out of its spout.
Any suggestions for removing the clouding, or preventing it from getting worse. (besides change of venue, which might occur anyway)
Cheers
Savant

·
Registered
226 Posts
Re: Clouded Clear Coat on my wheels (DvntSavant)

dude, i use the meguiars hot wheels stuff without a problem. i do one wheel at a time and only when they are cool to the touch. i also water it down 50/50. try a little polish on a rag and do each wheel. this should bring the finish back if it isn't toasted. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
371 Posts
Re: Clouded Clear Coat on my wheels (DvntSavant)

The clear coat on wheels can be damaged from using a wheel cleaner while the wheel is hot, or letting the cleaner stay on the wheel too long, or lots of other reasons. Also, using the high pressure wand at the coin-op place down the street can be bad if the wheels are hot (from driving) when you spray them.
You can try using a polymer paint product (inexpensive ones like Nu-Fnish, or the more expensive ones like Klasse or Zaino), or use a product actually made for the clear coat on wheels - Mothers Clear Coat Wheel Polish. They will clear up the cloudiness and remove light scratches in the surface, and will also remove oxidation from the wheel's clear coat.
HTH

[Modified by forrest, 8:46 AM 8-5-2002]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts