VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am soon going to be in the market for an 1999-2002 BMW either M Coupe or Roadster...i just want to know what TCL thinks...
oh yeah...i have a daily so this would be a nice weather car...
Rule #1
My dads old M Coupe...this is where i fell in love

Roadster...

Modified by Brandontrek1 at 3:59 PM 6-7-2007

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Re: Clown Shoe or Not to Clown Shoe (Brandontrek1)

M coupe FTW http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,681 Posts
Re: Clown Shoe or Not to Clown Shoe (jeremy80l)

Quote, originally posted by jeremy80l »
Do they have an M roadster or just the Z roadster?

They had both.
To the OP, DONT DO IT. YOU WILL REGRET IT. THEY SUCK.*

*these statements are false.

·
Registered
'01 GTI VR6, '98 XJ Cherokee 4.0, '04 Mazda 3
6,751 Posts
Re: Clown Shoe or Not to Clown Shoe (Download_Complete)

Are you planning on tracking the car? (You know you want to.)
In that case, you'll want the shoe.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
you can't really lose either way... but convertibles rock...
There is that saying:
"clown shoes... because the only thing better than driving a roadster.. is driving a tin can!"
but then.. the clown shoes are more rare i think and are worth more/hold their value better i think...
were all the shoes made with a sunroof? don' get one without...
you can't lose either way... just find a good deal and pull the trigger!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (x1000rpms)

i am not planning on tracking the car...if i was going to do that i would look for one that has been a little beat...
i want the car because the Coupe was my original dream car...then my dad bought one in '03...i got to drive it home from Jersey where he bought it(a nice 4 hour drive)...

like i said...it is going to be a nice weather car...not going to be driven much...

·
Registered
49,372 Posts
Re: (Holden McNeil)

Is your reason for buying because you want to hammer it from time to time or because you like a nice drive in the country at a nice clip in a high quality/good handling car? If the former, buy the clownshoe, if the latter, get the roadster. Roadsters/convertibles are great on a cruise... especially in the fall when the leaves are changing.*
I'd probably go for the clownshoe, myself, but as previously stated, you can't make a real mistake here!
*You have to vacum the leaves out later.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (Air and water do mix)

Quote, originally posted by Air and water do mix »
Is your reason for buying because you want to hammer it from time to time or because you like a nice drive in the country at a nice clip in a high quality/good handling car? If the former, buy the clownshoe, if the latter, get the roadster. Roadsters/convertibles are great on a cruise... especially in the fall when the leaves are changing.*
I'd probably go for the clownshoe, myself, but as previously stated, you can't make a real mistake here!
*You have to vacum the leaves out later.

well i already have a hatch as my daily driver...i would really love to have a vert, but the coupe is just so; rare, pretty, sick, etc....

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.