VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
5,547 Posts
Re: Club Touareg?? (jonee)

It's a DNS issue, as discussed in the other thread about this from a few days ago. I added the IP to my hosts file, as suggested there and it's been working fine for me:
Quote, originally posted by sleepera8 »
site is up if you add
'69.26.169.37[TAB]forums.clubtouareg.com '
to your %windir%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
for windows
or
/etc/hosts
to linux/*nix/osx
[replace [tab] w/ a tab
the problem is a DNS issue w/ the domain,
clubtoureg.com is it's pointing to 127.0.0.1 which has 67.151.219.50 as it's DNS].
and www.& forums. is pointing to 64.235.246.105 [which goes to a domain cargo site] but has 64.235.246.10, 11 as its DNS.
I'm hoping the admins will look here, and have their ISP fix.
BTW, I used my DNS, oil.houghtonintl.com and ns2.berkeley.edu to do the checkups.
clarke

· Registered
60,793 Posts
Re: Club Touareg?? (flyboy104g)

It's back up again, at least for me. Could be down for others until the DNS records are fully propagated to all servers.

· Registered
167 Posts
Re: Club Touareg?? (4x4s)

Quote, originally posted by 4x4s »
It's a DNS issue, as discussed in the other thread about this from a few days ago. I added the IP to my hosts file, as suggested there and it's been working fine for me:

The site is down, but not due to a DNS error. But there is a serious Script fault in the ASP code. Guess you need to be a programmer to understand this. Hope the Webmaster gets it right soon!

· Registered
60,793 Posts
Re: Club Touareg?? (quattroTDI)

And it seems to be back again.

· Registered
60,793 Posts
Re: (rhworks)

Still up for me.

· Registered
1,350 Posts
Re: (TREGinginCO)

Is there any reason when we hear "it's up for me" that there is some difference in our own personal computer setup that is allowing some to surf and others not...BECAUSE IT IS VERY ANNOYING TO NOT BE ABLE TO VEIW THE FORUM OR WHEN I CAN IT IS EXTREMELY SLOW TO LOAD EACH PAGE IT MAKES IT NO FUN TO STAY...SO WHY CAN SOME ACCESS AND OTHERS NOT? I HAVE CABLE SO MY CONNECTION IS VERY FAST MOST OF THE TIME...

· Registered
3,186 Posts
Re: Club Touareg?? (4x4s)

Quote, originally posted by 4x4s »

i did that but still no workie

· Registered
565 Posts
Re: Club Touareg?? (hotdaymnitzbao)

Kind of a long time for a DNS issue, maybe they need to get another webmaster that might know at least a bit on how this stuff works and not have people have to add IP's to hosts files or other non-sense

Modified by touareg007 at 4:39 AM 9-11-2005

· Registered
119 Posts
Re: Club Touareg?? (touareg007)

Quote, originally posted by touareg007 »
Kind of a long time for a DNS issue....

There IS something funky going on. A DNS correction should take no longer than 24 hours to propagate from the authoritative servers (in this case, apparently hosted by MSquared Web in California) across the Internet.
While both of the M2WEB authoritative servers (69.26.169.34, 66.111.34.30) appear to be resolving the hostnames properly, and the domain registration is valid (expires in December 2005), the propagation is not happening correctly. Maybe the MSquared folks made some kind of security change to their DNS servers that is horsing up recursive queries from other DNS servers?
*How I know it's still not working for me, locally:
(from Windows command prompt) nslookup forums.clubtouareg.com
*How I know it's not just a local problem with my ISP's DNS (besides all the forum user complaints):
Surf to http://www.webreference.com/cgi-bin/nslookup.cgi and plug in "forums.clubtouareg.com"
A sophisticated hacking attempt may be at the root of this problem. I won't go into details, but it's possible to run malicious programs with administrative authority on remote machines when your domain name resolves to 127.0.0.1 (localhost).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.