VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Mk7 GTI/Audi A3 8P
13,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Under hard acceration there is clunking and strange vibration. All my mounts have been replaced with the VF ones. I can feel the vibrations in the pedal area. It feels like the tranny mount. Any ideas?
The rear engine mount may be too stiff to my likings. The whole dash vibrates...its driving me crazy. I may end up removing it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Re: Clunking and strange vibration? (abt cup)

Turbo might be hitting the firewall, downpipe hitting the steering rack or if ya fabed ur own exhaust it's hitting the rear axel under ecceleration.
What kind of car do ya got? If it's a mk3 i'd say it's one of these for sure.

·
Registered
Mk7 GTI/Audi A3 8P
13,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Clunking and strange vibration? (vduban474)

I have a supercharger so its nowhere near my firewall. I called VF and they said its because of the rear motor mount...I'm the second car to run their front, rear and tranny mounts...dude they are stiff...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Re: Clunking and strange vibration? (abt cup)

I've got EIP solid mounts stiffened up even more with hot glue in all the holes. Mine vibrates hard un acceleration because of my exhaust hitting the rear axel when it squats.
I really don't think the engine shakes under acceleration, i kow it torques back, but it stays they're. shouldn't shake

·
Registered
99 Posts
Re: Clunking and strange vibration? (vduban474)

u like the eip mounts???? i use turn2's mounts. not real impressed at all, im looking into changing them... jus wondering?

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Re: Clunking and strange vibration? (eurogordy)

i loved my turn2s, had the stage 3 on my a3 vr along with the KCD solid tranny mount. i didn't have any un acceptable vibrations, i could only feel the added vibration through the pedals. good stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts