VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my guage lights went out and i have no idea how to change the lights. if someone could please supply some directions on how i can go about installing new lights it would be greatly appreciated. for now i ll have to guess how fast my vr6 is going at night.
thanks

·
Registered
6,429 Posts

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
Re: cluster removal (germanrox)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Re: cluster removal (germanrox)

quote:[HR][/HR]quick tip, try hitting the top of the dash, that can bring back the connection sometimes.[HR][/HR]​
Yeah... thats what I do...my lights go out every now and then and I find that a little bump on the dash will turn them on again.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Re: cluster removal (gquigmf)

to take it off it's actually quite simple. The replacement bulbs will run you about a buck a piece at the dealer, give or take.
take off the screws in that picture, and pull the surround out. there are only 2 bolts holding it on. then the cluster has 2 screws, take those out too. then flip it forward, and unplug the 2 sets of wires going into the back. it's hinged at the bottom, so lift it and pull. the burnt out lights are on the top, you can see 2 parallel wires with the lights screwed on, you'll see what i mean.
then replace, reverse process, guage lights. yay

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
Re: cluster removal (Lyzic)

quote:[HR][/HR]to take it off it's actually quite simple. The replacement bulbs will run you about a buck a piece at the dealer, give or take.
take off the screws in that picture, and pull the surround out. there are only 2 bolts holding it on. then the cluster has 2 screws, take those out too. then flip it forward, and unplug the 2 sets of wires going into the back. it's hinged at the bottom, so lift it and pull. the burnt out lights are on the top, you can see 2 parallel wires with the lights screwed on, you'll see what i mean.
then replace, reverse process, guage lights. yay
[HR][/HR]​
and
quote:[HR][/HR]http://www.icbm.org/erkson/personal/mycars/ri_gauge_faces/index.htm [HR][/HR]​
Why do I get the feeling that a couple of people haven't read this thread all the way...

[Modified by Air_Cooled_Nut, 3:34 PM 1-25-2003]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts