VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It feels to me like the clutch is not fully disengaging. To be honest it feels like the syncros are going out-but i doubt all of them would go out at the same time. Does anyone know how to adjust the clutch?
I'd post in the transmission forum but they are never any help...just like the search function

· Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: clutch adjustment (jefswat)

It appears that i have air in the lines instead and am slightly low on hydralic fluid. Where did it go and how did a bubble get in I ask myself
darn bubbles...I sense a problem

· Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: clutch adjustment (.SLEEPYDUB.)

I was actually hopeing that it was in the brake lines. Upon closer inspection it looks like the brake fluid has dropped below the level of the supply line for the clutch. Personal that makes it seem like the leak is in the brakes somewhere (i hope). I would have noticed it earlier but i couldn't see the brake fluid through the resivor to tell how high it was. i went out there with a tape measure today about all i could tell was that the fluid was past the low mark

· Registered
2,685 Posts
As the brakes wear the fluid level go down because the brake pistons rest farther and farther out of the caliper as the pad material gets worn away. Your brakes could just need to be done soon or you haven't checked on the fluid level for a while. Check for leaks but just add fluid and bleed the clutch and brakes to make sure the air is out and you should be good.

· Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (apstguy)

So...you're saying you stole my brake fluid

I'm gunna be lazy and ask where the bleeder (for the clutch) is because i'm going to bed and haven't looked at it yet. with any luck by the time i wake up a fellow dubber will have told me and save me some trouble

· Registered
2,685 Posts
Maybe... or maybe it was the leprechauns.

The bleeder is just in front of the shifter linkage. You'll see a line under it running to the trnamission case. Pretty easy to find if you know the general area.

· Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (apstguy)

Anyone know what diameter of hose Id need to bleed it?
Edit: 3/16 inner diameter hose worked nicely

Modified by jefswat at 1:18 PM 8-5-2008

· Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (jefswat)

Ok...that didn't solve my problem...anyone have any other thoughts as to why my clutch isn't fully disengageing other than air bubbles in the lines or the slave cylinder. Someone mentioned a release arm or something-what that and how would i go about checking it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.