VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
201 - 214 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
12,811 Posts
I don't remember what I had factory. I'm running the hardware BFI sent me when I bought their mount kit forever ago. Factory bolt still in the dogbone mount tho, no issues thus far even under heavy boost.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
I don't remember what I had factory. I'm running the hardware BFI sent me when I bought their mount kit forever ago. Factory bolt still in the dogbone mount tho, no issues thus far even under heavy boost.
Bolts will last long enough, if taken care of.
The ones I took out of my car had chunks missing on the threads.
That can because of dirt going in and being used more than once.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 · (Edited)
Hey started the engine mount bolts. I have the car up.
I just finished putting in the old mount from my other transmission.
Do you guys have all the torque specs. For the mount going into the transmission and the 2 18 mm ones going from the top thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
Hey started the engine mount bolts. I have the car up.
I just finished putting in the old mount from my other transmission.
Do you guys have all the torque specs. For the mount going into the transmission and the 2 18 mm ones going from the top thanks View attachment 145054
3 bolts going into the transmission 16mm and the top part of the mount holes for the 18mm. Then I need to put the new bolts going into T bone mount. All new bolts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 · (Edited)
I put in 40lbs then gave it under a quarter turn. My torque wrench dose click at 75. Maybe more I don't know. Feels tight. Nothing broke.
Less then hafe a quarter turn!

I also put 30lbs on the 3 bolt going into transmission mount. With quarter turn.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 · (Edited)
Motor vehicle Coil Auto part Metal Automotive exterior

Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Hood

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Bicycle part

Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Auto part

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Gas

Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive design Suspension

This is a oil pan I bought from a different dealer. This oil pan matched the one I originally have.
I bought the wrong one from UroTuning..... My fault!!!!
I was hoping to have just a single piece. Know I'm seeing a leak on my new pan?

Am I to wait and see if the oil is coming from somewhere else.
Or dose those bolts on the new pan need tightening?

The sealer I put around the pan to motor looks good. I will triple ✔.
I put an even layer of caulk around the pan like thermal paste to a processor in a computer.
That's a heads up to anyone doing this task!!!!!!! You don't want anything passing into the engine, just a reminder!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·
I'd like to change the oil pan bolts going into the motor.

Its best to make a long cheap list..... . After I bought the engine motor bolts for $99.95, I was also charged a second time for that COD on delivery. Maybe because I used another visa. Who knows, as long as there's good vibs take more time learning, it's not all that hard. Car feels very strange. More then enough good vib.

One bolt is not feeling the best under the motor mount? It's the long bolt, mount bone one in the middle.

·
Registered
12,811 Posts
View attachment 145119
View attachment 145118
View attachment 145114
View attachment 145115
View attachment 145117
View attachment 145116
View attachment 145113

This is a oil pan I bought from a different dealer. This oil pan matched the one I originally have.
I bought the wrong one from UroTuning..... My fault!!!!
I was hoping to have just a single piece. Know I'm seeing a leak on my new pan?

Am I to wait and see if the oil is coming from somewhere else.
Or dose those bolts on the new pan need tightening?

The sealer I put around the pan to motor looks good. I will triple ✔.
I put an even layer of caulk around the pan like thermal paste to a processor in a computer.
That's a heads up to anyone doing this task!!!!!!! You don't want anything passing into the engine, just a reminder!
Sounds like you got the problem sorted out already but I'll still throw this out there. I'm running an oil pan gasket, not the messy sealant they used from factory. Way easier install and no mess to clean up. They're like 10 bux (Fel-Pro) brand

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #212 ·
Sounds like you got the problem sorted out already but I'll still throw this out there. I'm running an oil pan gasket, not the messy sealant they used from factory. Way easier install and no mess to clean up. They're like 10 bux (Fel-Pro) brand
Hey Tom.
I was over at a wheel alignment shop. It's a good friend, his name is also Tom. He charged me $50 for the alignment.
I had no choice to get it done.
I'd like to learn, however when I have a clean leveled ground.

The oil is coming from the drain plug, or around the new pan seal. It doesn't look like it's coming from the part I glued.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
Today I drove to work no problems. When going home from work driverside caliper must of seized.
I made it to my friend's house. And parked the car there for know. He letting me use his car. Very respectful guy.
I'm gonna need alignment again. Maybe a caliper, for sure the rotor is toast.
Will see the damage later.

Another heads up to those learning..
Clean the caliper out and re-grease it.
This has never happened to me before.

Thought I did buy the car with new pads.
Maybe no one re-greased it.
Such a easy task turned into more.

Thank you all for your support.

201 - 214 of 214 Posts