VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
121 - 140 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
12,756 Posts
Did they send you the right clutch alignment tool? I ordered one semi recently and it was the incorrect part... Had to send it back and ended up eye ballin it to get the stuff put back together. It worked first shot tho lol

Reactions: JasonW1.8T

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 · (Edited)
Okay, tips!!! For taking out Allen key bolts* Crankshaft sprocket 4 X M8x18Secures the crank pulley to the crankshaft - 4 required
Use a brand new hex bit. If it happens to show wear, even the tinest, use another new hex bit.(it's also possible to use a Allen key wrench and cut bits out of it) If it doesn't come out, and you have problems with both Tool and bolt.
This is what I did. First of all I used a rubber glove and I push the bit into it. Then I inserted the bit into the Allen bolt. It had more snug. Little taps with a hammer and going very slow with impack driver. I also had more problems with the same size bit. For one bolt that was really stubborn, I took I bigger size bit. I think it was 1/4 hex bit size and hammered it in till it was extremely tight. Came out with no problems. I also pushed lots of pressure to the bolts with the impack driver. Came out easy. I did put small amounts of heat at it too. It's really cold out in Canada and I didn't overheat it. Metal still somewhat cold to touch around the bolt.
Hope this helps!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Did they send you the right clutch alignment tool? I ordered one semi recently and it was the incorrect part... Had to send it back and ended up eye ballin it to get the stuff put back together. It worked first shot tho lol
I really hope so! Where did you buy yours from?
I haven't even started the clutch. I kept finding new things to work on considering the amount of space I have.
However know I'm gonna start putting it back together and hopefully figure out the AC leak.

·
Registered
12,756 Posts
Bought mine from UroTuning. They are a solid company tho. I live 2 hours from them and buy a lotta stuff from them, however that clutch tool was not the right part. With that being said their customer service was awesome and they fixed the problem in less than 24 hours.

Reactions: JasonW1.8T

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Bought mine from UroTuning. They are a solid company tho. I live 2 hours from them and buy a lotta stuff from them, however that clutch tool was not the right part. With that being said their customer service was awesome and they fixed the problem in less than 24 hours.
Okay,
Yeah I've got to talk with them as well. Yes really nice. Was speaking with a few of them and remembered Gerson. He was making lots of effort for helping out. At UroTuning!!!

·
Registered
12,756 Posts
Right on. You might just need the o-ring to plug that leak. I just checked to see and it was Geoff who helped me. This man literally responded to me in 17 mins no lie! Absolutely amazing customer service! (y):coffee:

·
Registered
01 Golf, and Jetta, Both 2.0aeg 5 speed, also a 99 beetle about to be for sale
240 Posts
I tend to clean and replace and then see what happens before throwing a new part at it. My starter for instance was making a funny noise after the engine would start like it was still engaged. Took it apart and replicated the sound with one of the plastic discs in it. Cleaned, re-greased, painted, back on the car , working like it should, looks better than a new one too! cost me free.99

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
I tend to clean and replace and then see what happens before throwing a new part at it. My starter for instance was making a funny noise after the engine would start like it was still engaged. Took it apart and replicated the sound with one of the plastic discs in it. Cleaned, re-greased, painted, back on the car , working like it should, looks better than a new one too! cost me free.99
Yes. That's a very good way. I was looking at my starter. There is really nothing wrong with it except for the corrosion to the solenoid?
Automotive tire Gas Wood Machine Grass

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Hey everyone,
I'm out working on the vw. I put back together the rest of the job after getting free parts from the store (bolts). The lady ask if I say she looks pretty out of a scale fr 0ne to 10.
I look at her and said yes your pretty and she gave without charge. So thoughtful. It's would of costed me more days. I'm using new bolts, some really need changing.1
Automotive tire Wheel Watch Flash photography Automotive wheel system

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Engineering Automotive wheel system Auto part

Automotive tire Automotive design Clock Engineering Auto part

And I've started the clutch and don't have the socket to continue. Maybe Lost will see

·
Registered
01 Golf, and Jetta, Both 2.0aeg 5 speed, also a 99 beetle about to be for sale
240 Posts
so nice to have the flywheel off to deal with those 2 oil pan bolts behind it. Looks like you are at the fun part of putting it back together. Enjoy your new socket!!! is it 9mm 12pt? looks like 11mm in the pic, but I know what I pulled out of my cars had the 9mm.

How is the weather doing? You got enough propane? knuckles bust different when it below 40 out.

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
912 Posts
so nice to have the flywheel off to deal with those 2 oil pan bolts behind it. Looks like you are at the fun part of putting it back together. Enjoy your new socket!!! is it 9mm 12pt? looks like 11mm in the pic, but I know what I pulled out of my cars had the 9mm.

How is the weather doing? You got enough propane? knuckles bust different when it below 40 out.

Keep up the good work.
OMG YES! When I dropped my oil pan to replace the pickup line I hated those 2 bolts. One ended up falling out and fell inbetween the flywheel and got stuck and I was panicking and sweating bullets.
Crushed my finger trying to get that one bolt out.

I put back together the rest of the job after getting free parts from the store (bolts). The lady ask if I say she looks pretty out of a scale fr 0ne to 10.
I look at her and said yes your pretty and she gave without charge. So thoughtful. It's would of costed me more days.
Was she pretty though? That's the question 👀👀👀

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·

Keep up the good work.
Hey,
Yeah I looked online it says 9mm 12 point.
I really thought I had that socket. In a tool case it only had the bigger sizes.

Another good question is. Am I having to grind out the transmission for this clutch installation? I just realized that last night.

And about the cold. Makes it such a much longer process. Everything is almost frozen. I have to give big effort taking parts out and putting them in. Plus I'm doing this job myself. It's more of a workout. And you get used to the cold.
Snake Light King cobra Reptile Motor vehicle

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

OMG YES! When I dropped my oil pan to replace the pickup line I hated those 2 bolts. One ended up falling out and fell inbetween the flywheel and got stuck and I was panicking and sweating bullets.
Crushed my finger trying to get that one bolt out.

Was she pretty though? That's the question 👀👀👀
Yeah she's pretty. I did not expect that from her. I was having other thoughts of hoping I can get what I need because I heard roomers of them not helping people if they don't like someone.
They supply all the other stores too. And if you don't have a big enough purchase they will ask you to leave.
She just gave it to me no questions.

121 - 140 of 168 Posts