VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
121 - 140 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
12,811 Posts
Right on. You might just need the o-ring to plug that leak. I just checked to see and it was Geoff who helped me. This man literally responded to me in 17 mins no lie! Absolutely amazing customer service! (y):coffee:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
I tend to clean and replace and then see what happens before throwing a new part at it. My starter for instance was making a funny noise after the engine would start like it was still engaged. Took it apart and replicated the sound with one of the plastic discs in it. Cleaned, re-greased, painted, back on the car , working like it should, looks better than a new one too! cost me free.99
Yes. That's a very good way. I was looking at my starter. There is really nothing wrong with it except for the corrosion to the solenoid?
Automotive tire Gas Wood Machine Grass

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Hey everyone,
I'm out working on the vw. I put back together the rest of the job after getting free parts from the store (bolts). The lady ask if I say she looks pretty out of a scale fr 0ne to 10.
I look at her and said yes your pretty and she gave without charge. So thoughtful. It's would of costed me more days. I'm using new bolts, some really need changing.1
Automotive tire Wheel Watch Flash photography Automotive wheel system

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Engineering Automotive wheel system Auto part

Automotive tire Automotive design Clock Engineering Auto part

And I've started the clutch and don't have the socket to continue. Maybe Lost will see

·
Banned
01 Golf, and Jetta, Both 2.0aeg 5 speed, also a 99 beetle about to be for sale
5 Posts
so nice to have the flywheel off to deal with those 2 oil pan bolts behind it. Looks like you are at the fun part of putting it back together. Enjoy your new socket!!! is it 9mm 12pt? looks like 11mm in the pic, but I know what I pulled out of my cars had the 9mm.

How is the weather doing? You got enough propane? knuckles bust different when it below 40 out.

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
so nice to have the flywheel off to deal with those 2 oil pan bolts behind it. Looks like you are at the fun part of putting it back together. Enjoy your new socket!!! is it 9mm 12pt? looks like 11mm in the pic, but I know what I pulled out of my cars had the 9mm.

How is the weather doing? You got enough propane? knuckles bust different when it below 40 out.

Keep up the good work.
OMG YES! When I dropped my oil pan to replace the pickup line I hated those 2 bolts. One ended up falling out and fell inbetween the flywheel and got stuck and I was panicking and sweating bullets.
Crushed my finger trying to get that one bolt out.

I put back together the rest of the job after getting free parts from the store (bolts). The lady ask if I say she looks pretty out of a scale fr 0ne to 10.
I look at her and said yes your pretty and she gave without charge. So thoughtful. It's would of costed me more days.
Was she pretty though? That's the question 👀👀👀

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·

Keep up the good work.
Hey,
Yeah I looked online it says 9mm 12 point.
I really thought I had that socket. In a tool case it only had the bigger sizes.

Another good question is. Am I having to grind out the transmission for this clutch installation? I just realized that last night.

And about the cold. Makes it such a much longer process. Everything is almost frozen. I have to give big effort taking parts out and putting them in. Plus I'm doing this job myself. It's more of a workout. And you get used to the cold.
Snake Light King cobra Reptile Motor vehicle

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

OMG YES! When I dropped my oil pan to replace the pickup line I hated those 2 bolts. One ended up falling out and fell inbetween the flywheel and got stuck and I was panicking and sweating bullets.
Crushed my finger trying to get that one bolt out.

Was she pretty though? That's the question 👀👀👀
Yeah she's pretty. I did not expect that from her. I was having other thoughts of hoping I can get what I need because I heard roomers of them not helping people if they don't like someone.
They supply all the other stores too. And if you don't have a big enough purchase they will ask you to leave.
She just gave it to me no questions.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 · (Edited)
Was about to do the installation. I went over the instructions with a mechanic he said I'd better change the fork in the transmission. The one that connects the bearing. I thought it looked ok. It's another trip to pick up tomorrow.
I'll be honest with you all, so far, it took me 6 attempts to change the timing belt. It took me 3 times to finally install the clutch properly.
I also did the seal in the transmission as well. I've done this before and the transmission is outside the car, even easier
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle brake

Automotive tire Hood Wood Gas Auto part

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Rim Automotive wheel system

Attachments

·
Banned
01 Golf, and Jetta, Both 2.0aeg 5 speed, also a 99 beetle about to be for sale
5 Posts
them flywheel bolts get tight.

I like that you use blue. I also use blue. well it is actually wet n wild fast dry nail polish in "basic beach"

Don't be afraid to fail, it might make you afraid to try, and if you don't try, you wont't succeed. Or some ****.

glad to see you at it in the day time with some sunshine.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
them flywheel bolts get tight.

I like that you use blue. I also use blue. well it is actually wet n wild fast dry nail polish in "basic beach"

Don't be afraid to fail, it might make you afraid to try, and if you don't try, you wont't succeed. Or some ****.

glad to see you at it in the day time with some sunshine.
Yeah, its actually not that hard to do. After all that freaking out I did......with the timing belt.
However, I know how to do what I've just learned. The other fun fact, I may have to use another oil pan or find attachments, I picked out the wrong one. It fits but it needs the sensor hole covered and the return oil line dose not match?
I really was hoping to do the oil pan first because I too had so many problems trying to get at those to bolts. It's a tough spot to work on!

121 - 140 of 214 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.